• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

STILL searching for a hutch =[.. plz help xx UPDATED

Lol, because she's too lazy to walk him (he's only 2 and she doesn't really care about his health, etc) she just lets him out in the yard to piddle. He'll be coming down with my housemates other half for weekend. Before I got the bunnies she said she wont risk him because the landlord kinda guessed about him, but now she says she will, probably to spite me

She sounds erm lovely. How nice, dog pee and poo in the yard. :rolleyes: Could you make an arrangement for the dog to stay in the house and go to the toilet elsewhere and hint that if this doesn't happen the landlord will find out. Maybe get a tarpaulin cover to put over the hutches so that they can't see the dog and move the hutch so that the front of it faces a wall with enough space for you to get round the front to see to them?

With regards to the staffy you'll probably find the rabbits will get used to him/her they will soon realise the dog cant get to them. I have a boisterous GSD bounding up to our buns in a happyhutch and they dont even bother moving anymore :lol:

I think it's the initial shock I don't want them to be subjected to... I'd be so upset with myself if something bad happened because of the shock of seeing him.

I think the tarpauline is a good idea, and I've got some which they use now so I'll use that.

So that 5ft x 2ft will be deep enough for them?

xx

Without looking at it, there's a thread on rabbit chat that says ukpetsonline aren't very good on delivering, so I'd go for the happyhutch one - they're usually 2 days delivery, although you do have to build the thing (or find a handy person to do it for you)

And now I have looked at it, I can see it's another crappy chinese one, with too big mesh on the run, measuring only 4 foot x16" deep like Tia's - no good :?

I'm going to be hated now....but I dont think 5x2 is big enough for two buns :oops: When Jen was a foster, she lived in a hutch that size & I didnt feel it was big enough (shes only little too) Sorry!! :oops: :oops: :oops: Have you thought about having one made? Its often just as good, if not cheaper value? Xx

Where can I get one made from though? If i can have a good stockist then I will... my backyard isn't massive and I know the housemates will go mad if I take over the whole of it... hence the 5ft decision x

Yes they're (happyhutch) much MUCH better - the chinese ones look nice and are easy to assemble, but they're not hardwearing or easy to clean, in spite of the vinyl floor - Tia absolutely hated the 'easy clean' floor as she skidded around on it, and being 16" deep inside it provided no floor area and no shelter - the ramp took up half of the upstairs floor as there's a huge stairwell running the entire length of the floor - all that was left was a tiny TINY bedroom (one small nethie filled it) and a 'corridor' 8" wide running alongside the hole in the floor - the roof leaked and it was just useless - waste of money and now Tia's died I use it for a mini 'shed' for gardening stuff, because I'd never put another rabbit in it :?

I'm going to be hated now....but I dont think 5x2 is big enough for two buns :oops: When Jen was a foster, she lived in a hutch that size & I didnt feel it was big enough (shes only little too) Sorry!! :oops: :oops: :oops: Have you thought about having one made? Its often just as good, if not cheaper value? Xx

We're talking 2x5 hutch OVER RUN - that's plenty big enough for 2 as that's what Benny's in and it's huge :D

Back