• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smell of perfume

KCG

Warren Veteran
Today we went to the newly opened exotic animal hospital for the first time in Istanbul. I took Cookie to a new vet today. I finally found a veterinarian who really understands rabbits and we got the right prescription. But the clinic workers pet Cookie by holding them all the time. :D In fact, Cookie was examined on the hold and went for the x-ray on the hold. :D But now Cookie smelled of perfume, their perfume smell permeated Cookie. How does this smell gone? :D

Awww poor Cookie, hopefully it's not a nasty perfume [emoji15] pretty sure he'll just clean it off himself with his grooming. I know Zeus tends to frantically clean his head and ears if I pet him and have something strong smelling on my hand without realising

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Awww poor Cookie, hopefully it's not a nasty perfume [emoji15] pretty sure he'll just clean it off himself with his grooming. I know Zeus tends to frantically clean his head and ears if I pet him and have something strong smelling on my hand without realising

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

The perfume doesn't smell bad but Cookie has a minor respiratory infection :| That's why I'm uncomfortable.

Cookie grooms himself normally, now he doesn't mind the smell too much. :roll: Zeus seems more careful than Cookie, Cookie is probably carefree :lol:

gosh, always wondered about this. bunnies noses must get overwhelmed when it comes to perfume

Bob's work used to issue a really stinky anti-bac gel last year that was really flowery (stinky). Bob made Mouse stink of old lady perfume smells petting her so I had to issue an ultimatum - anti bac or Mousey cuddles. I agree its really not great for animals with a sense of smell 100 x greater than our own

Bob's work used to issue a really stinky anti-bac gel last year that was really flowery (stinky). Bob made Mouse stink of old lady perfume smells petting her so I had to issue an ultimatum - anti bac or Mousey cuddles. I agree its really not great for animals with a sense of smell 100 x greater than our own
OMG poor Mouse! She's enough of a little old lady already without that nonsense!

I have a friend with COPD (diagnosed at 38 :S) who's extemely sensitive to perfume. Some people are very sensitive to it (respiratory conditions or no) and some aren't; I would expect most mammals to be the same. I'd be on the lookout for any issues on top of what Cookie already has but not too worried.

gosh, always wondered about this. bunnies noses must get overwhelmed when it comes to perfume

OMG poor Mouse! She's enough of a little old lady already without that nonsense!

I have a friend with COPD (diagnosed at 38 :S) who's extemely sensitive to perfume. Some people are very sensitive to it (respiratory conditions or no) and some aren't; I would expect most mammals to be the same. I'd be on the lookout for any issues on top of what Cookie already has but not too worried.

Yes, thank you so much. I was a little worried about Cookie too but I hope nothing happens. :|

I usually pay attention to this but it was the last thing on my mind. How did you manage to remove the smell with that gel?

Back