• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

security for outdoors

JLG

Mama Doe
Hi, I just wondered what sort of additional security people have for outdoor buns, in addition to bolts, locks, chains etc on actual hutches and runs.
At the moment we have no light in the garden.

Do you have security lights (that are movement activated) or would these upset the buns when they came on?
My intention is to set the sensor not to pick up movement within the run, so it wouldn't be lighting up the garden every time the buns moved, but to have it pick up movement in the garden. The kennel/run has a mesh front, the rest is solid wood.

What about CCTV? We are having some security installed in and around the house and it would seem sensible to add bunster security things to the list while to electrician is there.
Is there anything else that would be useful as a deterrant?
thanks

I have a sensor light but the buns don't trigger it I also have solar lights in the garden aswell and a dog indoors that let's us no if anything or anybody is knocking about the back and also my parsley got a back foot on him like I don't no what lol 

In my backyard, I have installed cameras that look at the back door and the pool. I installed the usual CCTV cameras exactly under the edge of the roof, so that they would not be flooded, God forbid.

In this case, I think it is better to install wireless cameras in order to avoid damage to the wiring during the rain.

You can install in your private property any cameras that you like best and in the way that you like best. The main thing is not to forget not to install cameras so that from the point of view of the law your neighbor could not sue you for violating his personal space. There have already been such precedents. So I am now very careful about actions like installing cameras, since I had to move my ajax cameras to other viewpoints. The good thing is that these are wireless cameras and rearranging them is not so difficult.

Back