• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround or Welfare Hutch Connectors?

magically

Warren Scout
I currently have a runaround connection kit with an 8ft pipe I think, either 8ft or 6ft. Anyway, I'm looking to add a 12ft pipe and a pipe connector to allow me to move the run across the garden for fresh grass. My dilemma is that to get exactly the same things is a £20 price difference, and considering I'm making a few upgrade to the rabbits set up that £20 could go quite a long way on something else. I've read a comment on this forum that you can use the welfare hutch connectors with runaround so that's handy to know, but I wanted to know from a quality point of view what everyone thought of them and whether anyone had done the same as me?

Thank you in advance!

Also, I know there are plenty of posts on this however all the cons against the welfare hutch system were about it being made of wood, the set up I'm talking about wouldn't have any wood, it would only take a pipe and a pipe clamp/coupler from welfare hutches, hence wanting to ask.

Sorry magically, I've no personal experience to share with you in this matter....hopefully someone who has, will be along soon.

Not sure if this would help or what area you're in, but I've recently purchased some extractor ducting from B&Q - it appears to be end of line as out of stock on website (http://www.diy.com/departments/whirlpool-silver-duct-extend-kit-w125mm/536966_BQ.prd)
Might be worth a look at your local store as mine was selling them for £5 apiece.

I hope they're suitable for my bunnies as I'm planning on using them to connect all hutches and runs once our 2 (brother & sister) have been neutered.

I've got mini lops and so is perfect size - don't know if would be any good for larger rabbits!

Last edited:
Pipe connectors I have no idea about: we have different size ducting acquired (by asking) from construction sites, so some fit into others meaning connectors aren't needed as such. I believe the pipes themselves are the same type though, except the Runaround one has a monogram :)

I have both runaround and welfare hutch tubing and they are both excellent - the pipes are exactly the same and yes, the welfare connectors are wooden but we've had no issues at all with them so far. The only difference really is how they look and that the runaround comes with a little Perspex door but you have to buy the door with welfare hutches. We don't use the door as our bunnies have 24/7 access to their runs. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend both systems.

Back