• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

rescue bun eatng but teeny poops help!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Hi well oscar from sue at southampton rabbit rescue has been with us for 24 hours and abit..he is eating like a horse and pooping as from midnite last nite..lots of teeney tiny poos..like gi poos..
i spoke to sue today and she assured me he was pooping normal poops night before he came here..and when he was picked up for his run to me...but he does have aproblem...he wouldnt eat at his second rescue home and had to go back..he had already been returned once through no fault of his own..

hes a lickle lionhead..and hes been perky friendly nosey..in love with our female cat....but i cant get him to eat hay.he prefers to nibble the russell rabbit bedding straw..so does bif tho....:roll:

sue bless her gave me some metacloperamide syrup in case but esp for bif..sue youre wonderful thank you!!:wave:

she said to let him relax a few days and his poos will be fine....dont give him met yet she said tnite.whoops i said hes had one dose and one infacol and ive got him on panacur too boot because bif was positive in tiny amount and due for reworming again,,

i know sue knows him the best etc.but im worried..when bif or original oscar poed like that they went down to the vets..for gi stasis..which ive nursed many times an only lost one..our beloved oscar...

Hes having fun right now..our cats are in the room and hes honking softly and purring at the female one and shes sniffing and licking him and purring like crazy!!:shock:
he gets upset and looks for them...sue said he craves attention from animals and people.

i reallly really hope hes ok..i cant help but worry..and if he doesnt improve over what time frame..the one i usually use on bif..shed have down the vets yesterday..but then she gets down and quiet..hes nuts!! and he had to have asquishy removed.cut off his bum today from yesterday...oddly for a bun who sufers soft stools..hehasnt left any of those lying around either!!
his appetite is wonderful and i will be transferring him slowly onto a and p..but only once hes settled.
i normaly let buns settle in without handling or disturbing much for at least a few days but he had to have his bum sorted...and clean his cage up a bit and replace towel with vet bed fleece....fresh water and food..
he didnt mind one bit..hes a brazen little thing!

Any suggestions will be greatly received..i dont want sue thinking hes come to the wrong home again..hes so happy its lovley to see him so daft with the cats and us. might have something to do with the fact the cats roll aorund and sleep with all 3 buns downstairs and the fact he hasnt been neutered..and hes hung like a donkey! his testicles leapt up into his tummy and cleaning his bum with huge saggy bags wasnt easy!:shock: :oops: :lol:

he will have a great home here.hell be bonded with all 3 buns in one go.and will prevent willow being seen as trying to take bifs man! The amount of stress berties under with bif will be relived as bif will have another small bun to run and hide with as well as bertie to protect her and willow will be willow with her i guess..docile until bitten a few hundred times.....

please please i daent panic sue before she goes to sleep...im being worried too much or am i not being worried enough?

new baby thats what it is..you never remain calm do you:lol:

:wave:
thanks for that hun..yup sues wonderful indeed.

hes hapy as anything..hes plying in his cage and getting excited with zuzu..i think thats what the pong is...entire buck..pheweeee:lol:

at last bifs bigger than any other pets in the family here:lol:

I think he's settling in - all my rabbits did tiny poos when I first got them - so long as he's eating he'll be fine, and Tia was too nervous to even eat much when I got her, but she settled down after being left in her litter tray for 3 days (she wouldn't move out of it poor love, so I fed her in there and put the water bottle to her mouth regularly too)

Honey did tiny poos too for a week until she settle in. I think it was becuase she was easily startled away from the hay bowl so probably didn't eat quite as much as she should. Now very big and plentiful. Also he's a lionhead so I would have thought (although don't really know) that they'd be smaller than bifs

Thank you all for input....yes hes smaller than bif.shes a lionhead lop cross and hes a lionhead..about half her size at the moment but theres no way his pos should be that tiny.our oscar the mini lop who we lst a year ago...had poos exactly like this when he had gi stasis.
but this oscar is sooo happy and doing hundreds of them..ill give him the benefit of the doubt!:lol:
do you rember those sweets in boxes.liqourice tiny black lums called IMPS? well thats what they lok like:lol:

Back