• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recommend a Tasty Hay !!

Got some plastiwrapped meadow hay from B&M Bargains on Ros at RWAF's advice: Lopsy loves it, but then he was on some tripe that was all uniform and **** beforehand! This is mixed, all different shades and shapes! Going to try the baled stuff from the farm shop when I next get the chance to nip up there, then probably mix it about a bit to see what works.

Great thread. Mine all like the ings and timothy and rye from hay for pets.

Must try the hay with flowers.

The tesco hay goes down well, emergencies as it is only in teeny bags.

We're very lucky to have a local farm a couple of miles away that sell pet hay for £1 a massive bag full/or I can get a bale. The old man that sells it is lovely, he even rang my parents one day (not sure how he knew them, all farmers seem to know one another around here!) when I forgot the change he had given me :)

My lot devour the zooplus ones as well. They also love homemade hay with grass, dandelions, plantain, raspberry, rose and strawberry leaves!

My lot devour the zooplus ones as well. They also love homemade hay with grass, dandelions, plantain, raspberry, rose and strawberry leaves!

Hmmm is it normal that that got my mouth watering and I'm not even a bunny !!! :/

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks to this thread look what just turned up in the post :lol:

null_zps3ab06c6b.jpg

Plus I bought a nibble tray of grass that is sitting in the window so hopefully they will have some fancy grasses to try next week :p

I have a viovet order coming soon as well... Spoilt my buns? Nooooo :lol:

I thought it might be useful to list hays that you have bought that have proved to be a hit with your Rabbits :D

These are extremely popular here:

Hay+Herbs http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/snacks_supplements/natural_plant_snacks/herbs/301187

'Special' Hay - The Dandelion Variety http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hay_and_bedding/hay_small_pets/186137

Flower Hay- http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small...natural_plant_snacks/blossoms/229216#analysis

Nature Select Flower hay got a Yuck from waffles and DP
Jr farm Hay and herbs was a huuuuge hit thank you :)

They've yet to try the jr farm dandelion and apple ones

They've also tried some samples from the hay experts and were unexcited about orchard hay and hay with wild rose

Deans meadow hay, readigrass, and oat wheat and barley hay were popular though

But given these guys have a love/hate relationship with oxbow Western Timothy hay, it could all change again next week...

Think i may have to request samples from THE. I am having a nightmare with Jasp and his hay. He just wont eat anything ive tried him with so far!

They've also tried some samples from the hay experts and were unexcited about orchard hay and hay with wild rose

But given these guys have a love/hate relationship with oxbow Western Timothy hay, it could all change again next week...

Really!? My guys all adore the natures select stuff :love:

But then again my guy like most hays :p and the 'treat hays' are much nommier than their normal baled hay :lol:

Mine would rather eat 'ordinary boring' baled hay than Oxbow !! :lol:

Thank goodness as it's a damn sight cheaper !

Back