• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Raven is gone March 20 24, Apr 15 24 tribute post 27

Oh, bunny momma, it's not your fault. You have to look after yourself, too, and an important way to do that was to have your surgery. It sounds like your spouse gave Raven all he needed, so it very sadly seems like Raven would have declined whether you were there or not. I understand it must've been very hard and painful to come home to Raven being so unwell, though, and know that you had spent time away from him. Sending you more hugs. You and Raven have been in my thoughts this week. I'm sure you'll write a wonderful tribute to him when you're ready. Just take your time. ❤️

Sending lots of hugs. I hope in time you will come to realise that you didn't ever let Raven down. Nor did your spouse, he did really well in caring for Raven in your absence.

You and your Spouse gave Raven the best care at all times. I can understand how you feel about the timing of your.hospital stay and the fact Raven passed so soon after. But the two events were unrelated, Try not to feel that you let him down in any way because that simply isn’t true. Sending you many hugs xx

I am so sad to read about Raven and so sorry for your loss 😔 I was reading your posts about his progress today in tears as I understand how devastated you must be feeling. You and your hubby obviously loved him so much and I can tell from your posts that he was treasured.

He is hopping about in bunny heaven now with lots of bunny friends and no longer feels sick or in pain. Be kind to yourself through this time as you were the best momma to him.

RIP Raven ❤

I am so sad to read about Raven and so sorry for your loss 😔 I was reading your posts about his progress today in tears as I understand how devastated you must be feeling. You and your hubby obviously loved him so much and I can tell from your posts that he was treasured.

He is hopping about in bunny heaven now with lots of bunny friends and no longer feels sick or in pain. Be kind to yourself through this time as you were the best momma to him.

RIP Raven ❤
Thank you for your kind words. We had a special relationship which got stronger as he needed more care. I still cannot believe he is gone. Now we are dealing with Heidi's cancer.. Spouse is doing her pain meds since my surgery.

Thank you for your kind words. We had a special relationship which got stronger as he needed more care. I still cannot believe he is gone. Now we are dealing with Heidi's cancer.. Spouse is doing her pain meds since my surgery.
Yes I understand that totally. I have had special bonds with all my bunnies who are no longer with us. And both my OH and I have this with Mischief after he was very sick. It really deepens the bond doesn't it.

He must have been a very special bunny 💙

All my bunnies are very sweet, yet Raven was our last dwarf. I found him by chance.
In 2014. I lost Amigo after over 14 years. He was the last if a series of elderly dwarf bunnies we were privileged to know. A few months before Amigo passed, we adopted Madelyn, a lionhead who loved to sit on my lap. His last few months, Amigo would hop over to Madelyn's enclosure and she ran to see him. When I was searching for another bunny, I got Heidi, my black mini rex, from a farm boy who raised her and had her in a show for youths. She was such a good girl I could not allow her to go to auction, so she became a part of my family and my spouse is smitten with her.
The following year, my spouse went to the fair and farm show and met a woman from a small animal rescue. She was helping to adopt bunnies she got from a teen girl who was moving and could not keep her pet bunnies. The woman from the rescue was more than happy to allow my spouse to adopt a dwarf bunny. I went on the web site for the rescue and saw a picture of a shiny black dwarf named Raven, yet Raven was not the bunny he adopted. The dwarf bunny he adopted was a black otter we named Gemini. Raven's and his sister which I never met were born November 7, 2014, the day after his mom was rescued. Raven was 9 months old and listed as sassy. Spouse called the rescue and told the woman we wanted to adopt Raven too.
Raven arrived home two days after Gemini, on August 25, 2015.
He and Gemini were neutered a couple weeks later. The plan was to bond Raven with Heidi, something that did not happen when Raven started to sneeze.
In time, I learned he had allergies.

He was not sassy, yet he was possessive of his things, especially his litter box.
Raven let me pet him, pick him up, and snuggle him, yet he grunted and lunged if I touched his things. I would clean his area while my spouse held Raven, or in some cases I would hold Raven and remove his litter box, then after I cleaned the litter box, I would put Raven in it on the bed while I cleaned the rest of his area. Raven was more tolerant of me picking him up than my spouse.

As most of you know, Raven had several health scares over the years, yet my tiny shiny black bunny had the heart of a fighter.

His dental issues progressed as he got older, and keeping him eating, especially after dentals, required me to obtain his two favorite greens--carrot greens, and dandelion leaves/greens-both of which were often hard to find in the local stores. In order to get the carrot greens, we would buy bunches of organic carrots. We would often make trips to several stores each week or two to locate Raven's favorite greens.
Raven ate the carrot greens faster than we could eat the carrots, so I would give my sister the excess carrots. It worked out well because her spouse wanted carrots every day. She also would help me look for Raven's greens too and got Raven's favorite organic dandelions when they were available.

He slept in his area a couple feet from the bed, so I would find comfort in hearing him eat and drink. In order to.keep him eating, he got a few treats. For a long time he would run to me for pieces of a Selective Naturals garden stick every time I woke up or walked past his area. In recent months I changed to their berry loop treats, which he tolerated well as long as I limited him to two or three treats per day. He had excess cecals if he got more, so I would need to break them in half to not disappoint him. He was so happy eating the treats and it was a sign he was unwell when he did not want his treat. When I look at the treats he left behind, I get teary eyed thinking of my handsome, sweet, shiny little dwarf bunny. I still do not know how Raven got so much love in his 1kg body. He also left a huge hole in our hearts. In my mind, he is an angel watching over me, my spouse, Heidi and my lionhead bunnies, Amber and Zorro. I see him happy with all my other angel bunnies, especially Gemini and Madelyn who he met.

Last edited:
All my bunnies are very sweet, yet Raven was our last dwarf. I found him by chance.
In 2014. I lost Amigo after over 14 years. He was the last if a series of elderly dwarf bunnies we were privileged to know. A few months before Amigo passed, we adopted Madelyn, a lionhead who loved to sit on my lap. His last few months, Amigo would hop over to Madelyn's enclosure and she ran to see him. When I was searching for another bunny, I got Heidi, my black mini rex, from a farm boy who raised her and had her in a show for youths. She was such a good girl I could not allow her to go to auction, so she became a part of my family and my spouse is smitten with her.
The following year, my spouse went to the fair and farm show and met a woman from a small animal rescue. She was helping to adopt bunnies she got from a teen girl who was moving and could not keep her pet bunnies. The woman from the rescue was more than happy to allow my spouse to adopt a dwarf bunny. I went on the web site for the rescue and saw a picture of a shiny black dwarf named Raven, yet Raven was not the bunny he adopted. The dwarf bunny he adopted was a black otter we named Gemini. Raven's and his sister which I never met were born November 7, 2014, the day after his mom was rescued. Raven was 9 months old and listed as sassy. Spouse called the rescue and told the woman we wanted to adopt Raven too.
Raven arrived home two days after Gemini, on August 25, 2015.
He and Gemini were neutered a couple weeks later. The plan was to bond Raven with Heidi, something that did not happen when Raven started to sneeze.
In time, I learned he had allergies.

He was not sassy, yet he was possessive of his things, especially his litter box.
Raven let me pet him, pick him up, and snuggle him, yet he grunted and lunged if I touched his things. I would clean his area while my spouse held Raven, or in some cases I would hold Raven and remove his litter box, then after I cleaned the litter box, I would put Raven in it on the bed while I cleaned the rest of his area. Raven was more tolerant of me picking him up than my spouse.

As most of you know, Raven had several health scares over the years, yet my tiny shiny black bunny had the heart of a fighter.

His dental issues progressed as he got older, and keeping him eating, especially after dentals, required me to obtain his two favorite greens--carrot greens, and dandelion leaves/greens-both of which were often hard to find in the local stores. In order to get the carrot greens, we would buy bunches of organic carrots. We would often make trips to several stores each week or two to locate Raven's favorite greens.
Raven ate the carrot greens faster than we could eat the carrots, so I would give my sister the excess carrots. It worked out well because her spouse wanted carrots every day. She also would help me look for Raven's greens too and got Raven's favorite organic dandelions when they were available.

He slept in his area a couple feet from the bed, so I would find comfort in hearing him eat and drink. In order to.keep him eating, he got a few treats. For a long time he would run to me for pieces of a Selective Naturals garden stick every time I woke up or walked past his area. In recent months I changed to their berry loop treats, which he tolerated well as long as I limited him to two or three treats per day. He had excess cecals if he got more, so I would need to break them in half to not disappoint him. He was so happy eating the treats and it was a sign he was unwell when he did not want his treat. When I look at the treats he left behind, I get teary eyed thinking of my handsome, sweet, shiny little dwarf bunny. I still do not know how Raven got so much love in his 1kg body. He also left a huge hole in our hearts. In my mind, he is an angel watching over me, my spouse, Heidi and my lionhead bunnies, Amber and Zorro. I see him happy with all my other angel bunnies, especially Gemini and Madelyn who he met.
It’s lovely to read about how you came to share your life with your past and present Rabbits ❤️ How lucky they have all been to find a home with two caring humans. Your spouse has definitely been added to my ‘one of the good guys’ list because he too cares about Rabbits 😀 ❤️

Raven was obviously a very strong Bunny and determined to remain with you for as long as possible. I am sure you will always miss him, but hopefully you will also be able to remember the joy he bought to your home ❤️

What a wonderful tribute to your very precious boy, bunny momma. ❤️ It's so clear how much you loved him, from the way you talk about him and how you always tried your hardest to give him the best care. I'm sure I'll always remember your shiny Raven and his love for dandelion leaves. ❤️

The fighters are always the ones who are hardest to say goodbye to, I think. Your beautiful Raven will always have that special room in your heart that no one else can fill, and that's as it should be. ((((((Huge hugs))))))
A lovely tribute, bunny momma. Thinking of you as you remember your brave boy. xxxxx

Your post is so beautiful. I had tears in my eyes as I read it out to my OH who also loves bunnies.

I always think they go over the rainbow bridge to a beautiful meadow in the sky full of all different hays and poppies and dandelions. He is there now with all his bunny friends so happy 💙

I'm so glad I read the story of Raven and the other rabbits joining your family. Of course, you will not forget any of them and they will all continue to be a part of your heart and family. May they rest in peace 🩷🩷🩷🩷

Second photo is Raven in May of 2023. The first photo is from earlier and shows his shine better.

Attachments

• ppCUrAh.jpeg
    ppCUrAh.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 2
  • gNlfORA.jpeg
    gNlfORA.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 2
Back