• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

R.I.P Toto Peat

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Visited my parents today and got some bad news. Next door had to have their cat Toto Peat put to sleep as he had mouth cancer :(

Toto was a CatDog. he was a ginger and white tomcat. He was not like normal cats at all. He was so laid back it was unreal.

If a dog ran at him, he didn't flinch or move. The dog would pull up short and wonder why the cat didn't run. He used to just come round to my parents house and sit on the windowsill to be let in. He didn't care that our dog Blackie was there. Blackie would sit happily with him.

If I was up in my bedroom (when I lived at home), he would wander up the stairs and jump up onto the bed to be fussed.

Toto was also comical, in that he stole a defrosting chicken sitting on the chest freezer in the passage way. You just couldn't be angry with him.

Our dog Blackie was ill and the emergency vet and pet ambulance were called out, but when the vet was examining him he let out a yelp and died and just collapsed in the middle of the living room. After he'd been removed to be cremated, Toto came in later and went to the exact spot where Blackie died and just circled it for a period of time. He then turned his eyes and stared at a spot just above the sofa. We often wondered what he sensed or saw :)

Toto Peat was a very special, very beautiful cat and will be sorely missed :(

Oh gosh...

So sorry.

What a lovely little story about him :love:

Sleep tight xx

Thanks Nat.

My mum and dad are gutted....he really was a special boy and so friendly.

Totos owner told my mum that even when the vet was giving him the jab to be pts he was purring away as usual :(

He reminds me of our cat, Martell.

He follows people everywhere, goes into peoples houses, approaches people in the streets, takes on the dogs, jumps in the rabbit sheds and sleeps in the hay :love: :love:

Cant imagine how you all must feel..:cry:

Back