• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick answer plz if possible

Theres not a full ingredient list but they can eat bananas and carrots in small quantities, depends on the other items.

They definitely can't have potato - I'm not sure about the leek and courgette but the others are fine (albeit all quite high in sugar).

I got a random parsnip in my bags of carrots a few weeks ago and thought what the heck and dried it for my buns and they loved it

Think the only iffy one is potato and maybe leek? didnt think members of the onion family where palatable to rabbits (if good at all)

Although in WW2 they raised rabbits for (dare i say it >.<) meat, and they supplumented them with potato, so even if its not great for them sure small amounts won't hurt and the dehydrating process should have made it safer to eat, as its just raw potato you can't?

Think the only iffy one is potato and maybe leek? didnt think members of the onion family where palatable to rabbits (if good at all)

That was my thinking too. :thumb:

I just checked and courgette is on the RWAF safe list so it's just the leek and potato I'd say no to. Is it easy to tell which is which? You could pick them out......

That was my thinking too. :thumb:

I just checked and courgette is on the RWAF safe list so it's just the leek and potato I'd say no to. Is it easy to tell which is which? You could pick them out......

good point :) watch it be full of them now

is this right or not its off the guinea pig forum so much confusing http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-71657.html

Cooked/Dried potatoe is fine to feed, its when its raw that it causes problems, even then its supposedly only bad when the potatoe has gone green?

I have bought the fruit and veg feast last year and the pigs & rabbits were fine :)

Rabbits are the same and should never have raw potatoe my my nanna feeds her rabbits cooked potatoe with no ill affect.

I don't know is the honest answer. :lol: All the lists I've seen say not to feed potato but don't go into detail about whether it's fine to feed cooked or dry.

Back