• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

prices?? spay/neutering u/d 28/05

ilovemybuns

Alpha Buck
can anyone give me a rough idea how much it costs to spay/neutering,i know it varys from place to place and vet to vet but just wanted to get an idea.
and what age can it be done from?
thanx in advance deexx
have booked blue in on 05/06 its £42.09

Last edited:
A very rough guide

Castrate - £45-£80

Spay- £60-£120

Does can be spayed at 5-6 months.
Bucks can be castrated as soon as their plums drop- 14-20 weeks

just as important, people hopefully will agree, is that you chose a vet that is small animal certified/accredited.

Anesthetic can be dangerous to rabbits as they are so small.

My one local vet wanted bout 120. The one we are with (they are fantastic) wanted 70 for our female.

Mine charged me £45 for Pepsis neuter he was only done yesterday:D
Aww good look for when you get him done x x x

phoned my own vets today £65.00 for male @ £80.00 for female.so i tryed one my friend has recomended they charge £42.00 for male @ £58.00 for female..i have him booked in for the week after next(cant take him next week my o/h is away in london).
as soon as the kitts are seperarted from mum im having the girls done aswell!
thanks everyone!

Mine have quoted £60 for dumpling (plums) plus £18 for meds and £65 for Stew (ladies bits) plus meds.....quite happy with this, does anyone know what the meds will be? i'm assuming painkillers?

yes please select a vet who is used to practice these ops on rabbits.. A savvy vet on rabbits preferably who uses Gas for GA as it is the safest in small mammals... as it does not go into the system like the injections do..

I paid £15 each for my 2 boys to be done. Included meds and the nurse phoned me a couple of times to make sure they were okay.

I'm going to pay £70.00 for my doe this month, and the price for a male neuter is £55.00. This includes a pre-op consultation, all meds and all post-op check-ups (as many as needed). It also includes an overnight stay at the clinic. I think that's good value, really (after paying £130.00 for a lumpectomy on a rat last year...)

there really is a differing price scale isnt there...:shock:

Mine charge £35 if under 3kg and £55 if over...regardless of sex.

yes please select a vet who is used to practice these ops on rabbits.. A savvy vet on rabbits preferably who uses Gas for GA as it is the safest in small mammals... as it does not go into the system like the injections do..

thank you ,i will ring and check tommorow xx

I paid £15 each for my 2 boys to be done. Included meds and the nurse phoned me a couple of times to make sure they were okay.

Where is that? I'm in E London and paid around £70 for castration and £98 for spaying. Maybe I need to get to your vets?

Where is that? I'm in E London and paid around £70 for castration and £98 for spaying. Maybe I need to get to your vets?

:wave: Where in E.London are you? I had my boys done a few months ago so the price should still be the same. Spays cost £35 I think. I was very happy with the way my boys were looked after, they had no problems at all.

animalarkvets.co.uk

Animal Ark veterinary centre
54 Goodmayes Avenue,
Goodmayes,
Essex IG3 8TW

They are RCVS small animal accredited.

That is the vets (Kris) Starlight uses.

Btw RCVS small animal accedited means nothing for rabbit owners as they are classed as exotics :? Small animal refers to cats and dogs I think?

Back