• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

pododermatitis in my rabbit

Constance

New Kit
Hello, my little rabbit has pododermatitis and I am looking for a mat that is neither too hard nor too soft for her.
Do you think this type of product is good for this type of problem?
Tapis-pour-lapin-enclos.jpg

voici le liens : https://www.rabbit-world.com/product/rabbit-playmat/

thank you in advance for your help

Yes, that mat is suitable for a resting space. Ideally something similar is needed for all of the area she has access to.

Do you know what the primary cause of the pododermatitis is ? The condition is usually a secondary symptom of another problem.

no, the vet didn't tell me anything, except to find him carpets that are not too hard.
At home she is on the floor which is too hard for her little paws.

Thank you for your help I will order this mat

no, the vet didn't tell me anything, except to find him carpets that are not too hard.
At home she is on the floor which is too hard for her little paws.

Thank you for your help I will order this mat

I would make sure that her toe nails are kept short. Having too long toe nails means the Rabbit takes too much weight on their hocks as their feet cannot be placed in the correct position as they come into contact with the floor.

This information might be useful to read

https://www.stortvet.com/pododermatitis-in-rabbits-sore-hocks/

Back