• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playing or Getting Annoyed?

lottie_s

Warren Scout
My other half was playing with George my French Lop earlier. He was pretending to get him with a tiny teddy and Geroge was clawing away at it everytime the teddy got close. Sometime he would jump really high in the air but i really can work out if he hates it or likes it.

Also he attacks his jingly ball if i roll it to him.

What do you think. Hes not an aggressive bunny in the slightest with.

My OH used to do that to my bunny too, I told him to stop as I couldn't work out if she was getting angry or whether she was playing! x

Your bun was annoyed! Play with them when they 're in the mood etc,if you watch rabbit behaviour they lay down and doze most of the time.However if youy shake a few treats at them,they will run around ke mad,,,,er, well bunnies etc.:)

Aww our "Mongrel" pet shop bun will be six years old in two months..he;s really a big old lop/English cross....we think.He's a sweet heart ,so gentle and laid back,loves his tickles around the head,ears and chin.Hopefully some years to come with him.:)

So are we better to stop shaking toys etc around in front of him? I dont want him to become an angry bunny

Was George still in his cage? It's best not to play that kind of game in a place he considers his territory, as he may look on the teddy/hand as an 'intruder' and start to become aggressive towards you when you put your hand in his space. I think those sort of games in an open room are fine as long as the bun comes hopping over and initiates them, rather than being persued. If your OH is crawling after George and he's running away, it make make him nervy and shy of being approached (your bun that is, not your OH!) :lol:

My bunny has never taken interest in any toys whatsoever he's only ever interested in people and he did used to use his toy rabbit to do his business, but that's it

Barley does that with the feather duster.We bounce it on her head & she trys to paw it & growls.She gets ratty with it but it doesn't upset her or else she would run off.I think she takes it as the way its intended-as a game!:D

So are we better to stop shaking toys etc around in front of him? I dont want him to become an angry bunny
Carry on,if he didn't like it he would run off.French lops love this kind of game.Its like a dog growling when playing tug of war!:D
Only if the bun out of cage though.

Yes it was whe he wasnt in his cage. He is barely ever in it. hes mostly free range in the lounge all day. He doesnt run off immediately he will stay and play and when he has ahd enough he will go away. Sounds like he likes it then. Thats good.

Back