• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pic Heavy bonding & behaviour :request for advice / experience - trio's/ groups

Joey & Boo are definitely hanging out upstairs at night :roll: Showed Mouse the stairs today to let her know it was an option to join them. She is always anxious / hesitant when encountering anything new; she was a bit wobbly on the way up (we had to get Joe to show her what to do, he is an excellent teacher :love:)

However the way down was soooooo scary. She is my biggest rabbit yet & she just looked too long to manage it (the stairs are quite steep but are carpeted). She looked like she was going to somersault down. I rescued her after the first normal step with no wide bit. Am I just underestimating Mouse or will this task be too much for her. How do bigger / longer bunnies do stairs please?? In zig zags, 2 at a time, not bother? She is only 3kg but very, very long!

I have never had a bunny who couldn't do the stairs, with a bit of encouragement. My thoughts are that unless there's been a bad experience on stairs, they will manage them. I know what you mean about catapulting downstairs - I've thought my Max (long bunny) would do that, but he never did, despite almost looking like he was upside down at times.

In fact a longer bunny can get a grip on two steps at once when you think about it. It's my 1kg Nethie who looked like a little ball rolling downstairs.

I'm glad you've been staying awake to log Boo and Joey's night time appearances. How's the extra hoovering going? :lol:

Thanks, that's encouraging ...I've abandoned the hoover, I am now picking up hay & poo with fingers & tweezers & clearing fluff will cellotape:lol: much more constructive use of my time when nocturnal bunny monitoring

You're bunnies are all so gorgeous! Such cuties! :love: I do understand having that one bun that seems to have a go at one. My bunnies are in a similar state, they're bonding pretty well and eat/sleep with eachother like yours but River regularly runs to André and spooks him. I'm hoping as others have said it's simply part of the bonding process, and as long as the buns aren't bothered by it I guess it's alright to let them sort it out.

Back