• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petitions against Angora

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
There have been a few threads discussing angora and the cruelty involved. There has also been a lot of petitions. I figured I would make a post where people can post up links for petitions and info about angora. :wave: This is something that needs to be stopped, as I'm sure most of you can agree with.

Here is one I have made: https://www.change.org/petitions/matalan-stop-selling-and-producing-angora#share.
This is asking Matalan to stop selling angora. They have ignored everybody who has tried to contact them. I have posted on their facebook and emailed them directly and have yet to get any response. They have also apparently been taking down signs and labels that advertise that garments contain angora so as to "cover" it up. :evil: Absolutely disgusting.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/215/579/302/tell-ralph-lauren-to-stop-using-angora-rabbit-fur/ - One asking Ralph Lauren to stop selling it.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/57874 - This is a petition to the government asking for all angora be banned in the U.K.

http://www.change.org/petitions/nex...on_ref_map={"560260387402346":"__mRjRyMvSYQ"} - Asking Next to stop selling it.

My FB page with up to date info on companies to boycott and contact numbers/links etc. https://www.facebook.com/groups/531025196919897/

Please add any info you think will be useful. I have probably missed some petitions, so if you know of any others then please post on here.

Thank you for posit g a link to these. I have signed them and hopefully many others will too'

I've signed the Matalan one, but having an angora myself I cannot sign the total ban one. There is a world of difference between Duncan's life and that of the commercial angoras. I do not like the cages America especially use for Angora- even hobby keepers but Duncan lives with 3 other buns and is treated just the same. When I see him it breaks my heart thinking about the angora in China:cry:

I've signed the Matalan one, but having an angora myself I cannot sign the total ban one. There is a world of difference between Duncan's life and that of the commercial angoras. I do not like the cages America especially use for Angora- even hobby keepers but Duncan lives with 3 other buns and is treated just the same. When I see him it breaks my heart thinking about the angora in China:cry:

It doesn't mean a ban on the rabbit, just a ban on the wool. I can understand not wanting a ban, though. If it was me, I would have probably made the petition to have a ban on importing angora from China. Although I'd never wear anything from an animal, I can understand others wanting it..and I *think* there is a rescue that sell their angora's wool to raise money. Obviously angoras NEED to have their wool removed...unfortunately, that is how the rabbits have been bred. :( If people wanted to use the wool afterwards, then that is fine..the problem is when people have angoras ONLY for their wool.

I personally love angoras. I think they are wonderful...but I do feel that they have been bred cruelly. A bun with so much fur cannot perform basic behaviours (obviously depending on the breed of angora). :(

Signed :) I'm a bit confused though, I was under the impression there were a lot more petitions, or have they been taken down because quite a few companies have given in and stopped selling already?

Signed :) I'm a bit confused though, I was under the impression there were a lot more petitions, or have they been taken down because quite a few companies have given in and stopped selling already?

A lot of the petitions have actually accomplished what they wanted. M&S have agreed to ban angora from their range, which is a massive step in the right direction. Zara have said the same, as well as Ted Baker and H&M.

There are other stores which have said they are "halting production until they can investigate further". In other words, they have already stopped making angora products for this season, and won't be starting until later in the year. :roll:

If you find more petitions, please post them up on here! :)

I have a scarf made from Angora which I spun and crocheted, it gets many conversations going about how "lovely and warm" it is. I use the opportunity to talk about NOT buying commercial angora products and letting people know why.:cry:

A lot of the petitions have actually accomplished what they wanted. M&S have agreed to ban angora from their range, which is a massive step in the right direction. Zara have said the same, as well as Ted Baker and H&M.

There are other stores which have said they are "halting production until they can investigate further". In other words, they have already stopped making angora products for this season, and won't be starting until later in the year. :roll:

If you find more petitions, please post them up on here! :)

Brilliant :D I hope the 'halting production' ones take this very seriously

Been in to accessorise today and they were selling angora gloves. One cashier (bit ditsy) was shocked and had no idea. The other said "who cares. To be fair I like their meat anyway" $#@&!!*

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I had this email from Lidl yesterday:

"We refer to your most recent correspondence regarding Angora products sold at Lidl.
We would like to inform you that we will not be selling Angora products again.
Again, we would like to reiterate that Lidl UK takes animal welfare extremely seriously and the products we sell comply with all EU and country specific regulations.
We hope this information has gone some way in reassuring you of our commitment to animal welfare and restoring your faith in our products.

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH"

I have asked them to release an official statement regarding their ban on angora. Just shows what we can achieve when we put our minds to it. Well done to everybody who helped! :thumb:

I had this email from Lidl yesterday:

"We refer to your most recent correspondence regarding Angora products sold at Lidl.
We would like to inform you that we will not be selling Angora products again.
Again, we would like to reiterate that Lidl UK takes animal welfare extremely seriously and the products we sell comply with all EU and country specific regulations.
We hope this information has gone some way in reassuring you of our commitment to animal welfare and restoring your faith in our products.

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH"

I have asked them to release an official statement regarding their ban on angora. Just shows what we can achieve when we put our minds to it. Well done to everybody who helped! :thumb:

Wow, I've only just found out about Lidl and angora. Well done for such a brilliant result :thumb:

Back