• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oxbow joint support tablets

nap91

Mama Doe
I’ve been giving Phillip one of these a day for the past week for his arthritis, and they seem to be really helping. He’s zooming about all over the place and doing those on the spot binkies. It’s the most active I’ve seen him in months, he’s obviously feeling very happy in himself :love:

Anyway, I suddenly had a slight moment of panic this morning when I was giving him his heart medicine. Is it possible that it would interfere with this? For example I know John said not to feed too much willow as that can affect his heart. I’m sure it’s fine but just wanted to check? Will ring the vets for clarification if nobody knows! Phillip is on metacam and frusol daily. The oxbow ingredients are below plus a photo of Phillip waking me up this morning :love:

4db545f940a3d700ace302774656bac9.jpg

cd88c4c1c76a319adb47282a4bf1e954.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been giving Phillip one of these a day for the past week for his arthritis, and they seem to be really helping. He’s zooming about all over the place and doing those on the spot binkies. It’s the most active I’ve seen him in months, he’s obviously feeling very happy in himself :love:

Anyway, I suddenly had a slight moment of panic this morning when I was giving him his heart medicine. Is it possible that it would interfere with this? For example I know John said not to feed too much willow as that can affect his heart. I’m sure it’s fine but just wanted to check? Will ring the vets for clarification if nobody knows! Phillip is on metacam and frusol daily. The oxbow ingredients are below plus a photo of Phillip waking me up this morning :love:

4db545f940a3d700ace302774656bac9.jpg

cd88c4c1c76a319adb47282a4bf1e954.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apart from Frusol what other 'heart meds' is he on ? If I were you I'd give JC a call anyway, as Professional advice about potential interactions would be my preference :)

Back