• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor play/toy ideas

peediepixie

Mama Doe
Hi all, been a long time since i was here! Can anyone inspire me with some fun toy ideas for outside please? Where we live is quite windy and it's not unknown for it to rain a bit too:lol: so whatever it might be would need to take that into account. Laurel currently has old chimney pots and a length of pipe which she loves to jump on and run through, something along those lines would be fab just to add a bit more interest to her environment. She does have a big flower pot but isn't that interested in it. Any help would be much appreciated, pics of your outdoor toys/entertainment would be fab too!:wave::)

Here's my big run:

folder1447.jpg

The firm favourite is the wicker tunnel, which you can get from here:

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Tunnels,+Tents+%2526+Mats.8/Large+Willow+Tent.65.html

If you popped a large stone either side of it it shouldn't blow over. My boys quite like their homemade tunnel too:

VickysPictures1043.jpg

Because they can sit on top of it as well as hop through. They love sitting on things.

A digging tray is also a good idea. If you use a plastic storage tray that comes with a lid you could have the lid off in nice weather, so they can dig and roll, and on in wet weather to keep the contents dry.

If your run has a mesh lid you can hang a carrot or something from it on a long string. It needs to be against the side of the run though, or it's be impossible to take bites from - it'd just swing away.

While they look pretty, cardboard and hay tunnels are easily (and messily!) destroyed - stick to plastic or wooden ones.

Do you scatter feed at all? That's good enrichment for them as it allows them to 'forage' as they would in the wild.

Last edited:
Mine have a couple of children's plastic seats and a plastic green tunnel and their carrier. I don't like to put too much stuff in they like a clear run round the edges :lol:

Back