• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oat/cat grass

TanzyPan

Alpha Buck
Let Robin try a very small amount today and he acted like a maniac looking for it when I took it away from him.

He wouldn't stop for a breath while having a much :D
His poos have been normal since he had a try so I'm wondering how often I could allow him to have a little bit.

The Internet isn't very clear on this !

thanks guys xx

It really depends on what you call "a little bit" :)

I would say it's fine for him to have it and it is good for him, but as he's still quite young I would just give him a couple of handfuls each day for a few days to allow his tummy to get used to it.

It's in a plant pot I grew it especially :)
I let him have a minute on it and then took it away so roughly a handfuls worth

Let Robin try a very small amount today and he acted like a maniac looking for it when I took it away from him.

He wouldn't stop for a breath while having a much :D
His poos have been normal since he had a try so I'm wondering how often I could allow him to have a little bit.

The Internet isn't very clear on this !

thanks guys xx

Yes I've given that before and it's fine :wave:

You don't want to let him eat too much, as it will take you ages to grow it up again! I expect it's a treat for him, but one that he wants all the time now :lol:

Yeah it's a little treat in the morning.
He goes mad for it like a cat after catnip :D

I take the pot away after a minute and he goes mad looking for it and then I give him some morning pellets .

Had him a week now and I'm trying to decided whether he looks any bigger :D trouble is he looks big anyway Haha

Back