• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No hayfeeder is safe

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
So I figured with my new hay feeder setup the holes are too small for Athie to get in... was just hearing some random noises and looked over
35860662945e0b156566185e27f466ab.jpg

Hmmm not Zeus making noise [emoji848] look a bit closer...
0d9eb3988545a4da7dda2c66e17ef2ac.jpg

The hayfeeder has grown a furry bottom [emoji1787][emoji1787] had to go have a closer look

Hide and seek https://imgur.com/a/JDHkSKz

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Hahaha. I had the same problem with Archie an Pip. I thought I'd finally cracked it with two round holes smaller than a cd... All seemed good for a few weeks. Then I noticed they stopped eating from the box.

I decided to take all the hay out and I found it full of wee inside. Hahahaha. No idea how they got inside, we never saw them. The hole box was only cereal box size.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Hahaha. I had the same problem with Archie an Pip. I thought I'd finally cracked it with two round holes smaller than a cd... All seemed good for a few weeks. Then I noticed they stopped eating from the box.

I decided to take all the hay out and I found it full of wee inside. Hahahaha. No idea how they got inside, we never saw them. The hole box was only cereal box size.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha oh dear [emoji1787][emoji1787] that's what I found when I emptied the old hayfeeder, a surprising amount of poop and wee in the bottom [emoji33] so much it had soaked through the bottom of the box [emoji33]
These fluffy cuties do seem to keep us on our toes eh? [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Hahaha oh dear [emoji1787][emoji1787] that's what I found when I emptied the old hayfeeder, a surprising amount of poop and wee in the bottom [emoji33] so much it had soaked through the bottom of the box [emoji33]
These fluffy cuties do seem to keep us on our toes eh? [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Yep they are masters at it. They look cute, but really they are always scheming

I get you, Athie. If I were a rabbit I'd hide in a box full of hay, too.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I am actually trying to think of a manageable way to make like a haydigging/hiding box for Athie, he really does seem to like being inside the hay, but so far haven't figured out how yet [emoji848] if only he wouldn't pee and poop in it [emoji1787]

I'd love to see his little face if he could dive into a big mountain of hay [emoji1787][emoji7]

Zeus on the other hand is happiest when he's hand fed his favourite hay bits [emoji1787][emoji1787]

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I am actually trying to think of a manageable way to make like a haydigging/hiding box for Athie, he really does seem to like being inside the hay, but so far haven't figured out how yet [emoji848] if only he wouldn't pee and poop in it [emoji1787]

I'd love to see his little face if he could dive into a big mountain of hay [emoji1787][emoji7]

Zeus on the other hand is happiest when he's hand fed his favourite hay bits [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Yeah, filling a box with hay isn't hard, but keeping them from peeing and pooing in it, that's the difficult part. :lol: Maybe you can... get a second litterbox and place it in a box and then add lots of hay to the box? And make a hole in it so Athie can get in? That way it wouldn't be a problem if he'd pee in it, but I know you said you want to touch hay as little as possible because of your allergies, so that might not work for you since you'd have to clean out the hay regularly if it gets dirty, and it'd give you another litter box to clean, too...

I like Zeus' way, wanting to be hand fed the best bits of hay. He knows he deserves only the best. :lol:

I couldn’t find Fern when looking at her on bunnycam. Then found her, on top of the hay feeder :shock:
URPHUvL.jpg

Yeah, filling a box with hay isn't hard, but keeping them from peeing and pooing in it, that's the difficult part. [emoji38] Maybe you can... get a second litterbox and place it in a box and then add lots of hay to the box? And make a hole in it so Athie can get in? That way it wouldn't be a problem if he'd pee in it, but I know you said you want to touch hay as little as possible because of your allergies, so that might not work for you since you'd have to clean out the hay regularly if it gets dirty, and it'd give you another litter box to clean, too...

I like Zeus' way, wanting to be hand fed the best bits of hay. He knows he deserves only the best. [emoji38]
Ooooo you've got my brain ticking now!! :D :D
Perhaps a box that has a shelf on the bottom that I can slide the litter tray in and out to clean it, with holes in the side of the box, perhaps a tunnel or 2 attached to keep the hay in it [emoji848]
That shall be the next great build after I finish my current build [emoji1787]

I couldn’t find Fern when looking at her on bunnycam. Then found her, on top of the hay feeder :shock:
URPHUvL.jpg

haha :love:

reminds me of Pepper one time, couldn't find him anywhere :shock:
he was on top shelf of some Dexion shelving in the bunny shed

Back