• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New owner research: playpen for housing 32" tall is enough or too short?

TidalWave

New Kit
Hello everyone,

I'm doing a lot of research on rabbit ownership, as I've never had one of my own before--only cats and then hamsters. Space in my apartment is quite limited, and I've decided to use large exercise pens to build a living space for my future rabbit. Only problem I'm having is that the kind of pen that I'm currently favoring is 32" tall with 40" wide panels. Is 32" going to be too short for a rabbit home? I don't plan on having any tall items in the living area. Also my rabbit will probably not be a large one (I'm currently swooning over a small lionhead rabbit at a local animal shelter).
s-l1600.jpg

What do you think? Should I continue searching? I like that one for panel dimensions, for how sturdy it looks, and the way the panels connect is not with clips but rather with inserted thin rods (plus small plastic protector guard feet).

Last edited:
Back