• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Giant Hutch & Run Ready & Waiting For Giant Buns

The hutch looks great mate, you didnt by any chance buy it recently on ebay from a home in Stoke-on-trent? Saw one very similar, was tempted but no space in my garden for more...
Hope you get your giants soon!

I just posted a link to a female continental giant on rabbit chat, i knew I'd seen someone looking for one!

Spacegirl said:
HUH????
Do you have news .. ?

Do keep up Sally :lol: One of the buns that Jane took in a few weeks ago is possibly pregnant - she's just waiting to see if there will be the patter of not-so tiny feet. If so, then that will be too many to stay there, so they will be needing great new homes in due course :wink:

Sorry for my late replying to everyone ! Yes the hutch was a gift from my husband and a courier collected it from Staffordshire for me. Jane that sounds very interesting news on some baby giants :D Im hoping my husband hasnt plotted anything. We have been searching for some 8 months now and I know he has a suprise for when Im back from NY. Jane would it be ok for me to be kept upto date with the preggy bun situation please ?

Kayj I really would love to see see pics of your set up and the buns ?

Steph said:
Jane would it be ok for me to be kept upto date with the preggy bun situation please ?

Yes, I will be posting a panic striken thread if Gracie is pregnant...... :shock: :shock:

Janex

Aww Sorry Jane :oops: Hopefully if O/H doesnt have anything up his sleeve I could offer a couple of babies a lovely forever home. I didnt mean to sound insensitive, just a little chuffed because there could be giants.

Steph said:
Aww Sorry Jane :oops: Hopefully if O/H doesnt have anything up his sleeve I could offer a couple of babies a lovely forever home. I didnt mean to sound insensitive, just a little chuffed because there could be giants.

No problem!
IF Gracie is pregnant then it would be great to home the babies to people off RU. All babies will be neutered by my vet BEFORE I re-home them.

Janex

Thats brilliant Jane, far too many unwanted buns in this world. Thanks :D Just hoping O/H no plans :?

Thanks Im bearing that one in mind. Im just waiting till next Thursday to see if he has a suprise because thats when he says he will tell me. Aww all the secretness is driving me mad :roll:

Steph said:
Thanks Im bearing that one in mind. Im just waiting till next Thursday to see if he has a suprise because thats when he says he will tell me. Aww all the secretness is driving me mad :roll:

That sounds exciting, do you think you might have some new bunnies coming????

Kayjay I really dont know but he is being very secretive and as you know we have searched for giants from rescues for over 8 months now. Im being taken to New York for my birthday this weekend and all he has said is wait till we get back and Thursday maybe a suprise. All our buns, cats and piggers are rescues, so he knows my thoughts. I really am bursting to know :shock:

Spacegirl said:
I tried to contact the giant rabbit rescue in Kent. Never got any reply. I actually don't know anyone that has been able to get a giant from them .. . :?

I got a rabbit from her - paid through my eye teeth for Zeus too :wink: - but there again he wasn't a "rescue" but one of her own bred "pedigrees".

A year later when I realised she had set up a Giant Rabbit Rescue I contacted her about getting a rescue g/f for Zeus but as soon as I mentioned all the health problems he had I never heard from her!

I don't know anyone who has actually adopted a real rescued giant from her!

Caz

P.S. They do come up in rescue - there was two in London just recently!

P.P.S. If your husband's surprise is coming from a breeder in Kent I hope you have better luck than I did.

Back