• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lord Herbert Has Just Had a Filavac Vaccine

You have all the best vibes I can muster for Lord H, Jane. I completely understand your dilemma as I faced the same with having to vaccinate Jenna against rabies for the first time since we adopted her so that she could make the trip to Oregon. There was no waiving it, it had to be done, so we bit the bullet. Apart from those few lumps that seemed to surface from nowhere, and then disappear back to nowhere again, she did well with it, but I was a nervous wreck! :(

We will also have to consider the heartworm and leptospirosis jabs after she's been off the abx for a few weeks. I am scared stiff, I can tell you. :(

I hope he continues to do well this morning and that there is no further worry for you, my dear friend. Please give him an extra noserub from me. :love: xxxx

I'm keeping a watch on this thread, as Treacle is having a dental next week, and they have some vaccine in stock, still undecided, as we are in a "very low risk" area. Hope Lord H is still doing well Jane.

We when had Mabel was advised against vaccinating until week after dental due to GA and recovery on the GI tract

How is he today?

I am in the same situation regarding the new vac. As you know, Xena is not a well bunny. I worry with her having e.c and her digestive problems that she'll have an adverse reaction to it. I have not yet plucked up the courage to give it to any of my buns.

Sending Lord H lots of vibes. X

For anyone interested, Lord H had a transient mild fever about 48 hours post vaccination. It resolved with a dose of Metacam and he remained relatively bright within himself. He is now doing OK with no signs of exacerbation of his chronic health problems x

For anyone interested, Lord H had a transient mild fever about 48 hours post vaccination. It resolved with a dose of Metacam and he remained relatively bright within himself. He is now doing OK with no signs of exacerbation of his chronic health problems x

It sounds like his immune system is working correctly then. That must bring a huge relief. :)
Well done, Lord H, and long may you continue in good health. :love: xxxx

Thank goodness! :love:

That's brilliant news that he's coped with the vaccination OK. You must be so relieved, both that he's now been vaccinated and that he's OK.

Back