• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a run shelter

Hi,

I'm looking for a run shelter for my grass run on the lawn.

I'd like something flat roofed rather than pitched so the bunnies can jump on and off if they so like ( the run is 3ft high). I've been quite surprised at the price of some run shelters and dog kennels (the latter seem quite high as well).

This kind if thing would work quite well (with some minor adaption):
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/guinea-pig-den-hutch-by-pets-at-home-16042
But I do not want to support pets at home or the purchase of a small hutch.

Any ideas anyone? Want to get something this week. I do not have a large enough car to transport something not flat packed, so would have to be flat packed or delivery only.

Thanks

Hannah :)

Personally I would build it yourself :D We made a nice big box for our two lionlops, and it cost £20 altogether. It was just 5 pieces of thick wood screwed together then painted with Wilko garden paint (which is non=toxic to animals once dry)

You could always take the really simple route and cut an arched opening in a £4 overturned plastic storage crate!

These work well, are weatherproof and the buns can leap onto the top to create an extra level in their pen, as well as using it as a weatherproof hideout.

I was wanting a quick and easy solution, but maybe DIY is the way to go! Don't think it would cost me much either as I have quite a few spare materials.

Puts thinking cap back on!

Hannah :)

How big do you want? I've one of the trixie run shelters and they have a slight slope to the top but not enough to put rabbits off from sitting on top.

Back