• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kendal?

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
I'm just considering my options if Neo were to move to my parent's garden.

Space is limited and I CANNOT go bigger than 6ft x 4 ft all-in. They don't want tubes like a runaround and they don't want anything that juts out as it will be running along a fence.

I know this isn't ideal size-wise, but he would still have a run and would add the puppy panels to make the whole garden accessible each day after work when I will be able to keep an eye on him.

This is just an option and I would be on a huge budget and space restriction.

Has anyone ever had one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

It's within budget and size requirements. I'd add extra mesh and locks with some reinforcement wood for the corners to make it sturdier.

I'd be looking at a max of £250 all in, including delivery, culprinol, and extra wood. Approx £300 with cover and insulation.

Unfortunately I wouldn't have the money for anything longer lasting, so really at this moment, where this is hypothetical - just wanted opinions and any reviews from those that have seen/had one.

ETA: The hutch and run are both 2ft tall, by 6ft long, and run is 4ft wide with hutch being 2ft :)

Last edited:
am i dim? i must be. every time i see this kind of combination i wonder how the heck you clean them with a flipping run sticking out in front. what am i missing? i've misunderstood something, clearly.

am i dim? i must be. every time i see this kind of combination i wonder how the heck you clean them with a flipping run sticking out in front. what am i missing? i've misunderstood something, clearly.

Stand either side? With a broom? With a litter tray in there, the only thing to clean out would be the odd poo - not really any need for loads of hay whilst it's hot?

:)

You can prob mount the hutch so that it is the other way around, meaning no stepping into run to get to hutch doors, and sticking out run bit will be along the fenceline :)

just looks really awkward. always does, every time i see it.
You're not the only one Happybun, I've always thought that too!

Of course if you are that limited by space and what your parents will allow then the one you linked might be the only possible solution.

Last edited:
A Happy hutch Sykes combo would last you longer and is comparable in price. I had a cover made for mine, think it was about £90, though was a few years ago.

I mounted my hutch the other way around - much easier to clean!

For a max of 250.00 you could get a 6 x 4 shed. Lots of shelves for extra interest/space and plenty of height for storage.

Very easy to clean and a great place to hang out with him even in the winter/rain.

Mine opens like this
6063248732_3cc562a31c_o.jpg

I step in and crawl around. I'm about to upgrade to a 6x4 shed instead :lol:

Thanks for input all!

I think I'm going to ask a carpenter for how much they'd charge for something, hopefully an 8ft x 2.5ft x 2ft with the living quarters being the same size (parents might be happier for it to be longer and not so wide as we have a skinny garden).

Any huge negative to a slimmer, longer run/hutch? If it's longer he can have a whole section in the top for litter tray and hay and having 3 compartments rather than 2 should be warmer in winter.

Maybe even 8ft x 2ft x 2ft?

Opinions? Nicely please ;)

Back