• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've acquired two new rabbits...

Yes I definitely will.

Is this a pinworm??

29caxdl.jpg

My vet gave me panacur for rabbits last week. It's a 9 day course and contains a leaflet which tells you how much to give them dependant on weight. If you can buy this yourself it will certainly be a lot cheaper than the vets price

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My vet gave me panacur for rabbits last week. It's a 9 day course and contains a leaflet which tells you how much to give them dependant on weight. If you can buy this yourself it will certainly be a lot cheaper than the vets price

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Luckily I already have 3 tubes at home going spare!
xxx

Aww no, how traumatic! I'm so glad you managed to save them. That hutch is the exact same one my Plumpkin was living in, it's ridiculously small isn't it :(

God that hutch!

Putting rabbits in a sack!!

They groomed your legs!!! Awww. Good luck to them. What little sweeties. So glad you were able to rescue them, well done to your kind hearted parents too.

Bless you, you are a good person. Those buns have landed on their paws thanks to you

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bravo to you for stepping in and saving two very deserved lives. The reward will be the endless love from those two gorgeous bunnies and time now spent will be so well rewarded. I almost flipped when I saw the hutch they were kept in. The swear jar in my garage took a hammering I can tell you. I'm looking forward to updates on how they are doing.

Regarding the pin worms, please be extremely vigilant about hygiene as these love to live in humans as well, and their eggs are miniscule.

Regarding the pin worms, please be extremely vigilant about hygiene as these love to live in humans as well, and their eggs are miniscule.

Although you should always wash your hands well after handling animals/poo/mucking out, etc, the pinworms rabbits have are not transmissible to humans, they are a different species. Rabbit pinworms are Passalurus ambiguous, human ones are Enterobius vermicularis. They can be controlled by fenbendazole, but I wouldn't treat her just at the moment. They won't harm her.

Well done, at least the mother recognised they needed a new home, better than dumping them. It still never fails to shock though.

Sending no pregnancy vibes. Xxx

Back