• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is a hutch enough?

Alright sass :') they run in and out of the hutch, I don't think they purposfully mean to make themselves cold but the straw and things just gets thrown around as they go about their business. Doesn't mean they've done it on purpose to freeze to death, blimey :lol:

I was just pointing out (reassuring!) that you don't need to worry. :) Any "sass" is inferred rather than deliberate.

Ohh, a cat flap would be an idea. Especially a little higher up so they have to hop out and the door closes to stops the straw coming out after them when they hop. Yes, I like it :D might have to consider that. Question... How do I cut a hole in the door without power tools! :lol: I plan on keeping the hutch after uni to go in their shed as a hide. If there's a cat flap I can fill it with straw that won't go everywhere, like it would just leaving the door open or taking it off. Actually I like that idea a lot and it's much cheaper than a run around (since a barrier didn't work I thinkk a tunnel might but absolutley no point getting one if Im making a tunnel throug a door that I might as well leave open for £60) might as well just buy a second hand cheap one and give it a shot :wave:

Last edited:
I made the hole by first putting the catflap up to hutch and drawing round it. Then I got an electric hand drill (maybe you can borrow one) and drilling a few holes in the corners so it was big enough to get the end of the saw in. Then I sawed each 4 sides to make the hole. You could always cover the hole with a piece of wood if you ever wanted to remove the catflap.

Back