• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Intestinal parasites

AnjaSanja

Warren Scout
Euuwwww....
Sherlock made fresh poop. And I saw small, thin white-moving thing. Gross! I do have Stronghold for him at home (maintly to prevent any mites and fleas. But I guess I will have to call a vet first thing in the morning and ask what's the plan for that thing.

Culprit-I bet the soil that was with last batch of hay from farmer.

He seems OK though. Happy, bouncy, eating, drinking, pooping.

And then there is Brko. Who is just off his meds....And got Stronghold 3 weeks ago. If one has it...it is possible the other will get it. They sometimes pick the same toy, they yump on the same carpet. They visit eachother wia mesh.

Should I wash everything and oven bake wood toys? And keep them far away-washing hands, channgeing clothes while they are treated?

Passalurus ambiguus is the nasty thing.

If they are threadworms then a 9 day course of Panacur would get rid of them. Threadworms are not something to be overly worried about but it is a good idea to have a word with your Vet tomorrow.

Passalurus ambiguous pinworm. I was told it is not the same as threadworm in people. But overall they usually don't cause much of a problem...unless they do. At least getting nubers down would be nice. I'm more worries about oldiegoldie that is slowly getting back on track. And most of all these things are YUCK to see. I'm getting Panacur now. I was reading about enviorement cleaning and came to conclusion-it is mission impossible, but will do my best to keep it clean and contain the spread.

Passalurus ambiguous pinworm. I was told it is not the same as threadworm in people. But overall they usually don't cause much of a problem...unless they do. At least getting nubers down would be nice. I'm more worries about oldiegoldie that is slowly getting back on track. And most of all these things are YUCK to see. I'm getting Panacur now. I was reading about enviorement cleaning and came to conclusion-it is mission impossible, but will do my best to keep it clean and contain the spread.

Yep, its Pinworms not Threadworms. The Fenbendazole (Panacur) should do the trick

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Parasitic_diseases/Pass/Pass_en.htm

SO...a bit tricky thing. The only possible panacur in the whole country is for pigs and chicken.
https://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-455699

So I optet for ivermectin shot instead.

But I wonder if Ivermectin will not do its job... Is this above safe and OK?

If my math is correct rabbits dose is 20mg fenbendazole per kg of body weight. and both buns are just slightly over 1kg.

So for 1kg rabbit I would use 0.1 ml of Panacure aquasol for pigs and rabbits. And the same amount of watter-mixid together and then syring ein the mouth.

SO...a bit tricky thing. The only possible panacur in the whole country is for pigs and chicken.
https://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-455699

So I optet for ivermectin shot instead.

But I wonder if Ivermectin will not do its job... Is this above safe and OK?

If my math is correct rabbits dose is 20mg fenbendazole per kg of body weight. and both buns are just slightly over 1kg.

So for 1kg rabbit I would use 0.1 ml of Panacure aquasol for pigs and rabbits. And the same amount of watter-mixid together and then syring ein the mouth.

Yes it would be 0.1ml/kg but not sure on dilution.I would check with your Vet as in your Country it looks as though it is only available on Prescription

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/medicines/veterinary/EPAR/panacur-aquasol

Yes I would ask the vet if it comes to that. For now I hope it will not be needed as I'm almost embarassed being there so often. :D

Back