• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In out in out....shake it all about

bundit

Warren Scout
My bunnies live outdoors. I've only had them since the spring, so this is their first winter with me, they are 3 yrs old.

The thing is, first thing in the morning, before work, I open their run; they come in the house and say hello. They stay for a minute or so, sometimes longer, but mainly want to be outside. I do the same after work.

Now the house is warmer, is it ok to still let them in and out for a bit, or will it mess up their coats? I didn't let them in today as I was worried it would be bad for their health. They looked really cross and tried to barge past me. I'm not sure what is best to do?

Big differences in temperatures, so going from warm inside to cold outside and the other way around, isn't the best for rabbits. I think it probably won't mess up their coats if they only stay in the house for a minute or so, though. I'm not sure how big the difference in temperaure is between inside your house and outside, but if you feel like it's a large difference, I'd be careful and not let them in anymore until the weather's warmer again.

Thank you! That is what I thought, just felt a bit mean. This morning it was warm in the house, so I will not let them in I the morning. Later in the after noon it's chilly, so they can come in before heating goes on.

That sounds good. :thumb: I still let one of my indoors bunnies go outside, too, but my heating isn't on and I have windows open a lot of the time, so the difference with outside isn't so big.

Back