• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many bunnies can I fit in here?? ... includes terrible diagram! :D

Hi again all! I took a few pictures of Thistle and Jess's shed yesterday to show you all, might make more sense than my diagram if you can actually see what's in there! :lol: I had a good old sort out the other day - my kakarikis have gone to live nextdoor so the little avairy has been removed and the shelves put where the aviary was. I also binned all the cardboard boxes as Thistle had sat on most of them and squashed them :lol: I'll have to get some more from work tomorrow. :roll: Appologies for the dirty looking floor - it's not poo-dirt, I just seem to walk bucket loads of muddy puddle water in everytime I step through the door at the moment. :roll: Hopefully going to get some lino scraps at some point. I'm also hoping to move the shelves and put Pharrell and Daphne's hutch in to start trying to bond soon. I have to wait until Thistle has the all clear from syphallis first though.

BOO! :lol:

Jess modelling the shelving unit. She HAS to be in every picture. The tart. :lol:

"Wake up Thistle, I wanna play!"

Why is it, when you move your buns litter tray 6 inches to the right, they can't poo 6 inches to the right too?? :roll: :lol:

"Seriously, wake up!"

And snuggle corner down the end of the avairy :)

So do we still think I can fit another two in there?

And whilst I'm here, can anyone suggest some good toys for Thistle. He doesn't fit in the tunnel! :lol: The only thing that lasts are the jingley balls (hence why they have loads!). I tried willow balls but they were just piles of sticks after ten minutes. :roll:

I think I would definately try and replace those shelves and the small hidey hole with a two storey hutch if you want to add 2 more buns. I think they need somewhere out of the way where they can go to get away from each other. Even bonded bunnies get annoyed by each other with chasing etc and I don't think two could comfortably fit in the hidey hole. But it does look like their is enough floor space for them :)

ps they are very cute :)

The shelves can be moved into the other half of the shed, that's no problem at all. :D I've just bought a small dog kennel for in there, as you can see, the rabbit box is on it's last legs and it's a little small for Thistle! :lol: I've measured and I can fit the kennel and one of my hutches in there so there'll be lots of snuggly hidey holes for them. :)

Thislte and Jess had their last penicillin injections today. The vet has told me to wait for three weeks to make sure they're definately a-ok and then I can start trying to bond the other two in. I'm far too excited, three weeks will seem like an eternity! :lol:

And whilst I'm here, can anyone suggest some good toys for Thistle. He doesn't fit in the tunnel! :lol: The only thing that lasts are the jingley balls (hence why they have loads!). I tried willow balls but they were just piles of sticks after ten minutes. :roll:

A cardboard tray-type box filled with newspaper for him to dig in. A branch of apple wood to gnaw. Seriously, out of all the toys I have tried, these two are the biggest hits. My buck also likes his big plant pot to toss around. As you have a hard floor, you may have success with a large tennis ball for him to push around (although mine haven't bothered with it, but then they are on straw).

Wow, it looks much bigger in the pics than I imagined. You could get an old table and saw the legs down, that way, you could make a whole second tier without any building work, and it would be safe

Ohh, thanks guys, those are both really good suggestions!

I'm not sure why I didn't think to give him an apple branch, my other rabbits all have them. :roll: :lol: Silly me! They did have a cheapy beach football at one point but Thistle popped it! I'll try tennis balls, they'll probably stand up to his teeth a bit better as they're kind of furry. He seems to enjoy shoving things around the shed. His bowls always upside down in the morning! :lol:

I'll also try the table idea. We actually have an old wooden desk on the drive that's waiting to go to the dump so I'll nab that and saw the legs down. :)

Back