• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long hay should last?

Where do you guys get bales of hay from? How much is a bale?

Ours is an indoor bun and we don't have a huge amount of room, we feed him P@H Tim hay. A 1KG packet will last about a week, he'll chomp through a hopper worth a day :)

Where do you guys get bales of hay from? How much is a bale?

Ours is an indoor bun and we don't have a huge amount of room, we feed him P@H Tim hay. A 1KG packet will last about a week, he'll chomp through a hopper worth a day :)

We get ours from a local horse feed store. Do you know of any stables nearby? Maybe you could go in and ask them where they get their supplies. The only thing with a bale is storing it. We got one of those big plastic boxes for ours.

I get mine from a horse supply shop for bedding which sells hay a bale for £4 or £1 per bag which is still much cheaper than the pet shop stuff. I also use the dust free hay which is £27 per bale for the bunnies to eat as they love it.

If you start a thread for suppliers of decent hay in your area, you may find somewhere local to you :wave:

thanks guys!

where i live (appropiately named Harefield :lol:) there are a few stables/farms about i can check out!

cheers :D

when you compare the price of a bale of healthy hay to the price of a box of unhealth bunny treats this puts it into perspective. my outdoor buns have accses to a bale each that they can play on and tunnel into (they never use this hay as a toilet) then they have hay in their toilet corners that are banana boxes.
its different for indoor buns though, but as it happens my indoor buns have no inscisors so they cant eat hay anyway.

Back