• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you keep your house buns mess to a minimum ?

For hay I use a big old storage tub with a lid and cut a hole in, they go in there to eat their hay.

Underbed storage boxes for litter trays, they have their own rooms with the doors shut and so 'should' keep the hay fairly contained. Yet I can pretty much guarantee that there will be at least one piece of hay in my bed :evil: :lol:

I have tried attaching a tunnel to a foldable laundry basket today and it seems to be working really well :D Fingers crossed :lol:

Stunning photos :love:
I'm hoping you will see my photography thread and be able to give me some tips :wave:

Re the mess I use an indoor cage as their hay and litter tray "home base" and, in fact, my shed buns use one too. It means I clean the litter trays and Hoover each morning and the mess stays fairly well contained until the following morning.

I seem to be constantly hoovering! Bungee is free range in the dinning room and kitchen. She has a rug in front of the fireplace with her litter tray and bowl of hay on, but it goes pretty much everywhere!

Similar to others above, I use a large dog crate as a base, and in their a high sided litter tray for their hay. But I know that doesn't always work as soon as I clean it daily, they end up digging it out anyway.. But it does help to contain it alot better! I'm in the process of litter training at the moment, and my god poop everywhere! Lol! Xx

Just embrace the mess - lol!

Nah, as others said, hay in the litter trays. I also don't have any cages etc, but have rugs and vet bed down on the lino floor in their room. So would could try getting rid of any substrate on the base and just use stuff in the litter trays.

Back