• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's so angry! WHY!? Help :'(

River

Warren Scout
Hey everyone.

I have a problem. Or rather, Oz does. Lately he's been SO angry. He'll come out of his cage and go hide for a couple of hours in his cardboard castle, come out for dinner, run around a bit, but whenever anyone gets up he lunges and grunts and bites. And tonight I was laying on the floor with him, letting him jump all over me, interacting with him, and when i tried to get up he started biting my neck and shoulders and digging at my hair and grunting, and actually kind of scared me.

He's been eating, drinking, peeing and pooping just fine. There's no new hay or food, people or objects. Nothing in his environment has changed. I checked his teeth, they seem to be in great condition. His eyes are good, and he doesnt appear to have ear mites. He sneezes on occasion, but not constantly or continually. He has had the hiccups a few times in the past while, and I steadily feed him a dinner of cilantro, parsley, carrots, kale, and once in a while lettuce. Nothing new has been introduced.

So why is he SO mad!? It seems like he's VERY angry and always lunging and grunting and biting. Yet still I can hold him like a rugby ball and strtoke his ears, or give him a nose rub and he doesn't want to tear me to bits. He's about 7 months old. Is this a teenage thing? Is there something wrong? He is neutered, has been since november...

Why? Is it me, am I doing or not doing something? Please help I feel so lost I just want him to be happy:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry:

as its only been 3 months or less since his netuer it may take another 2 or 3 months for him to completly calm down it could also be he is in pain.. i would get him vet checked a s sneezing is not normal behaviour for a bun and could signify bedding too dusty (wood shavings cna often do this or cheap dusty hay) or snuffles or pasturella or upper respiritory tract infection. maybe he is bored and attention seeking prehaps a new wife is in order?!xx

We did get a different kind of hay but that was a while ago, and come to think of it that is more than likely what is causing the sneezing. My partner also can't touch the stuff as it maes her eyes water and itch and her nose run. He doesn't have bedding. He hates, HATES bedding. He would push it all out of his way and into one corner. So we just folded up a towel in the corner he sleeps in, and he loves it.

The hay is almost gone, in fact i'm hoping to pic up new stuff today, so I'll see if this stops the sneezing. He was neutered on...November 25th. Do you think that could be what it is? Before we got him neutered he didn't bite or grunt, he mainly pee'd everywhere and did the circle dance about our feet.

I've talked to my partner about a wife for him, but she wants to wait until we have the money more secured. But I'd love to get him a wife, I think he'd be so happy.

Do you think I should tae him to the vet, or switch his hay and seee what happens? Is it possible that he's gotten angry because of the hay, because it's making him sneezey? Maybe he doesn't like it either?

i would switch the hay first as it likely is the hay from what you have said dust extracted hay is best pet shops often have rubbish stuff unfortunatly, iv found local farms d othe cheapest and best quality hay but iknow some people buy from online shops such as dusst free hay.com and others do keep us updated :) xx

It could be his hormones getting back to normal levels. =[

My male lop was acting super angry after he got neutered.
He lunged, charged, grunted, thumped, and punched at my fiance and I.
His vet told us that his agression will go back down within in a month or 2
and it did. :D

If it doesn't, then maybe a vet visit wouldn't hurt?

I think it's two things:

ONE maybe his hormones are adjusting.
TWO boredom.

We bought him a tunnel, a new ball with a bell, some new treats, and he has been a lot less "grunty" he still is a little, but it was pretty strong for a few weeks (2, maybe 3) so I think maybe that was his last little "testosterone surge" as we called it, after his neuter, plus maybe a little boredom. He seem's a bit better.

How often do you have to get new toys for your buns? I can see this becoming an expensive process if he needs all new toys every 2 months! Not that it's not adorable to see how excited he is with new toys :love:

I think it's two things:

ONE maybe his hormones are adjusting.
TWO boredom.

We bought him a tunnel, a new ball with a bell, some new treats, and he has been a lot less "grunty" he still is a little, but it was pretty strong for a few weeks (2, maybe 3) so I think maybe that was his last little "testosterone surge" as we called it, after his neuter, plus maybe a little boredom. He seem's a bit better.

How often do you have to get new toys for your buns? I can see this becoming an expensive process if he needs all new toys every 2 months! Not that it's not adorable to see how excited he is with new toys :love:

Awww if at all possible might be worth trying to get him a companion of his own kind.:D

Back