• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone seen Bella ...

Yes, I am knitting them for Battersea cats. I think I must have knitted more than 20 so far - I just want to wash and tumble dry them before sending them off. Have just ordered more wool!

Clever Bella :love:

I love the mix of colours on your knitted blanket. Why do you wash and tumble them before sending off though?

Yes, I am knitting them for Battersea cats. I think I must have knitted more than 20 so far - I just want to wash and tumble dry them before sending them off. Have just ordered more wool!
Awh I love that! Definitely kitty approved too 😍

I just feel that if they have been here. and with Bella around, I could do with getting all the smells of my house off them. Do you think I'm worrying too much?

I just feel that if they have been here. and with Bella around, I could do with getting all the smells of my house off them. Do you think I'm worrying too much?
Well opinions will vary, but I wouldn't wash them first. No more than I would wash a garment, that I had knitted, first before wearing it for the first time myself. Blocking is obviously something different. I would also have the thought, rightly or wrongly, that washing them might shorten their life just a bit.

Bless her. :love: Freddie takes himself off under the cushions if he's cold. :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't have thought about washing them but, now you mention it, my two get quite upset if things smell of outsiders. I have to wash my daughter's vet nursing uniform as soon as she brings them home to avoid little scraps between the 2 boys. Our dog, on the other hand, loves all the different smells my daughter brings home... especially the REALLY unpleasant ones. :sick:

I wouldn't have thought one wash would make much difference to it's useful life. But, equally, if washing them is extra faff for you, I maybe wouldn't bother. Cat rescues might routinely wash things like this when they come in, or use some other way of masking the scent so it doesn't bother the residents.

Well opinions will vary, but I wouldn't wash them first. No more than I would wash a garment, that I had knitted, first before wearing it for the first time myself. Blocking is obviously something different. I would also have the thought, rightly or wrongly, that washing them might shorten their life just a bit.
Now you are going to think I really have gone quite 'stupid' - I carefully chose acrylic yarn which can be washed and tumble dried. I might just put them all in a couple of my net wash bags and wash them on a gentle cycle with Persil Silk & Wool.

Now you are going to think I really have gone quite 'stupid' - I carefully chose acrylic yarn which can be washed and tumble dried. I might just put them all in a couple of my net wash bags and wash them on a gentle cycle with Persil Silk & Wool.
Haha credit where credit due, I would not have had the thought to select acrylic yarn for this, so no I do not think that's stupid.

And so, yes, I think how you are managing this is probably the best way.

Yea I'm making Evelyn a cardi atm, I got acrylic yarn because obviously it'll be washed lots etc! Her last cardi was worn and washed loads and held up really well, had no issues tbh! I never tumble dried it tho.

Bless her. :love: Freddie takes himself off under the cushions if he's cold. :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't have thought about washing them but, now you mention it, my two get quite upset if things smell of outsiders. I have to wash my daughter's vet nursing uniform as soon as she brings them home to avoid little scraps between the 2 boys. Our dog, on the other hand, loves all the different smells my daughter brings home... especially the REALLY unpleasant ones. :sick:

I wouldn't have thought one wash would make much difference to it's useful life. But, equally, if washing them is extra faff for you, I maybe wouldn't bother. Cat rescues might routinely wash things like this when they come in, or use some other way of masking the scent so it doesn't bother the r

Aw beautiful Bella ❤️ lovely blanket Babsie. This is what I do too, sit knitting blankets in the evening, I send to Battersea and Blue Cross. I can usually pick up odd wool at charity shops too, so kitties have rainbow blankets ( never even occurred to me to wash them !)

Oh..goodness...wherever could she be? 🤔😁💕
Beautiful blanket, indeed. I'd give anything to be able to knit or crochet. 🥰

Back