• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harribun and Heidi: take two

Jolysium

Mama Doe
So, after having had a very difficult and stressful bonding experience with these two the first time around, I am now in the position of having to re-bond them. :roll:

Neither of them seem very keen on the idea, they have been trying to attack each other when they've spotted each other through the door! They've both seemed pretty happy on their own too, binkying a lot more than usual.

None of this makes my husband think it is a good idea to put them back together! I am nervous but it's got to be worth a try. Fingers crossed!

Oh. My. God. ABSOLUTE disaster. Full on fight, latched on and rolling, Harribun screaming. Never heard that before, never want to again. Amazingly both seem relatively OK, just a bit scratched and shaken up, as am I. So much for that plan...

Oh no :( Maybe they just need a bit more time apart or living side by side if that's possible? Glad everybun is OK now xx

I'd had them side by side for a while and they hadn't been very happy but I thought it was because they were in small runs and normally they're free range. Heidi especially goes crazy if you shut her up even in quite a big area, I think she has some cage-related trauma in her past. I've separated them and given them each a room and they've calmed down, both have nasty bites on their necks and scratches but I've not found any other injuries. It's so hard to tell though, I could easily be missing something. Poor bunnies.

Back