• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gah! Now Alice has a scratch on her eye!! U/D - been to the vets

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
Back to the vets tomorrow yaaaay!
I noticed yesterday that she had her eyes closed a lot, she's pretty lazy so thought she was just sleeping!
But just noticed it looks redder than her other eye and has a faint white line on which looks like a scratch :cry:
Can anything else go wrong for her poor little mite!!
She's already on septrin, will this help avoid infection at all till I can get her to the vets, I'm freaking out as my bridge bunny had an abscess in her eye.

Last edited:
charlie had a scratch on his eye and it was fine. get it checked but hopefully it will hael on its own:D

When Poppy got a scratch on her eye (probably poked it with hay :roll:) The vet gave me Tiacil which are antibiotic eyedrops, so I would guess if she is already on systemic antibiotics, she may be OK. Could you not have a telephone consultation..it may save you a trip to the vets with her if she doesn't need additional antibiotic eyedrops.

After examining with that funny light thing, JC will probably give you the ointment/drops beginning with Fuc ....... and recommend bathing with cold tea (at least that is what happened when one of my rabbits had a scratch on his eyeball - amazing soothing/healing properties has cold tea).

Called the vets he said bring her in as will need antibiotics direct into the eye.
Unfortunately not seeing JC tomorrow as couldn't fit an appointment in around my work hours :(

Ouch :cry: poor Alice! I hope she feels better soon, a sore eye is no way to get set uo in the love game!

I'm taking her to my local vets in Fareham instead as have to work tomorrow, they are pretty good but no JC haha!

Ahhhh okay, I'm sure they'll sort it :) I expect it's fairly common among small furries with burying their heads in their hay! :lol:

Been to the vets, she now has eye drops to add onto her list of other medication!
Bit concerned as the vet said he's almost certain that Bear has done it to her as quite straight and deep :cry:
My poor little girl when is she going to get a break!

Oh poor llittle Alice. I hope it wasn't bear. Is she wary of him. If not maybe it wasn't or just an accident.

Hope she gets better soon. Im currently administering five meds in the morning. If she improves it will all be worth it. Good luck. X

Oh poor llittle Alice. I hope it wasn't bear. Is she wary of him. If not maybe it wasn't or just an accident.

Hope she gets better soon. Im currently administering five meds in the morning. If she improves it will all be worth it. Good luck. X

No there still loved up as ever! He hasn't shown any sign of agression at all apart from being a bit 'humpy' but he does that from time to time. Bit worried about leaving them now as I work full time.

Alice now stamps her feet and runs away when I open the cupboard her medicine is in :lol:

Maybe it wasn't him them since she's not bothered and still in love. Poor little cutie getting the blame.

Alice has learnt pretty quick. Doughnut begs for her weetabix, she's still oblivious!

Back