• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finding bunny day care

Moonstone

Warren Scout
How do you find someone to drop in and look after your bunnies when you go away? I don't want to board them out because they'd hate it. We had a great person who no longer does it (pandemic), in theory I could use friends or family but they don't really know anything about rabbits.

I'm in Wiltshire, near Westbury so recommendations welcome too.

It might be worth checking in with your vets - I've heard of vet nurses doing a bit of bunny sitting before

If you can’t find someone rabbit savvy you could use neighbours but use a camera to monitor them.

Thank you. I asked Cottontails yesterday and she thinks there is someone near me but it's slipped her mind for the moment. I hope it slips back meanwhile I've been combing the internet and have just messaged someone. I love the idea of using a camera, that hadn't occurred to me. It's a great idea because I'd know if one of them was ill at 40 paces, though they are outdoors so I have to work out the logistics. I'd be trying to tempt a friend into staying into my house only we're renovating and it's not tempting!

Thank you for the ideas. And if anyone can recommend someone....

Back