• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feed store pellets VS pet store pellets

Angorakeeper

Young Bun
Are the rabbit pellets that you find at feed stores, and Tractor supply just ment for meat, and breeding rabbits? You can get a HUGE bag for under $10, and the rabbit pellets in the pet stores are $10 for a bad a third the size that Tractor Supply has!

Since my rabbit numbers have doubled I have finding myself having a hard time affording pellets. a 10lb bag doesnt go anywhere anymore!

Tractor Supply carries Mana pro foods, and purina rabbit foods.

Look at the ingredients on the back and compare to the bag you get at the pet store, if it is all the same it will be fine, but i would say you get what you get what you pay for. Cheap food = cheap ingredients. :wave:

Mana Pro

Dehydrated alfalfa meal, wheat middlings, soybean hulls, soybean meal, feeding oatmeal, cane molasses, vegetable oil, brewers dried yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation solubles, dl-methionine, calcium carbonate, monocalcium phosphate, dicalcium phosphate, salt, ferrous carbonate, ferrous sulfate, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, manganese sulfate, zinc oxide, zinc sulfate, cobalt carbonate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, vitamin a supplement, vitamin d3 supplement, vitamin e supplement, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, niacin supplement, choline chloride, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin b12 supplement.

L&M Farms

Ingredients: Wheat Middlings, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Soybean Hulls, Ground Corn, Cane Molasses, Oat Groats, Soybean Oil, Lignin Sulfonate, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Magnesium Oxide, Choline Chloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate, Dried Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Extract, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Extract, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract.

Mana pro is about a third of the price of L&M

Back