• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excel mature

willowholly

Mama Doe
Barley is almost 4years old,which in frenchie years is retiring age.In the past she has suffered with muscle weakness & she has regular bouts of cystitis.The excel, for rabbits of over 5years old,is supposed to be good for joints as well as added cranberry for UTIs so I thought this would be perfect for B.The fibre content & protein etc is the same as the regular excel.Will this be unappropriate for Dill who is only 2.At the moment I just sprinkle some on regular food.As they dont have many pellets they are not getting much so was wondering if it will make any difference one way or the other.:)

I think that mature rabbit pellets are sometimes made from alfalfa hay rather than timothy, so I would probably be tempted to stay mainly on the normal adult food rather than the mature :)

Spoke to Burgess & they said it ok for B but would have to watch Dill on it as it slows metabolism down & he could lose too much weight.At the moment he's a little tubby so wouldn't hurt but decided to keep to normal food & just put mature in treat ball which only B uses.Also not happy about B losing weight as shes not fat by any means.In fact shes quite petite for a frenchie so when have finished this bag,unless their is a massive difference in her health,I wont be buying it again.

Back