• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Duchess gone over the rainbow bridge

Duchess

New Kit
eb8f70e664ba7f75fa3b0043b3b75318.jpg

On Tuesday the most loving and gentle bunny crossed the rainbow bridge. She was 9 months old and adopted. We lost her during her neutering operation. RIP Duchess, now the best house bunny in rabbit heaven <3

Thank you, it's really tough as most people think it's silly grieving over a rabbit but it is so difficult especially when I'll never find out why she died or know if I could have done anything different that may have saved her. The vet said it was a tragic accident but I'm concerned that they only checked heart beats every 5 minutes and not continuously, she died after the operation before being stitched up. It's heartbreaking as she was so young and loving, will miss her bunny licks- she even used to groom my eyebrows!

I'm so sorry :cry:

I can't imagine how you must be feeling but please don't blame yourself.

Take care xx

Sweet dreams precious little Duchess xxx

I'm so very sorry to read this, how terribly sad. No one on here thinks grieving over a rabbit is silly, quite the opposite in fact. People adore their buns and it's just heart breaking when you lose them. RIP beautiful Duchess, a lovely name for a lovely bun. Sending hugs at such a difficult time. Xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss as she was so beautiful :cry:

We have lost bunnies after dental op's they have come round and had heart attack's and died maybe that is what happened to Duchess Bless her :(
whatever she has gone far to soon.

Binky free little one all well again at the Bridge xxxxxx

Thinking of you and sending hugs xxxx

Back