• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drowning in Guineas Rescue Part 3 MORE BABIES pt 30

Well done for rescuing the little piggies. I don't know much about guinea pigs but guessing circumstances and how they were before lead to still births. I hope the two babies get stronger.

Very sad news. One of the sows with the damaged eyes, Verona, was put to sleep this morning :(
She was not eating well and her body was ulcerating as the toxins had spread .
I'm sorry we were too late to save you little pig..sleep tight
and thanks to Ange who cared for her to the end xx

The 4 pregnant sows that were destined for Walsall and now staying here as two have given birth and two are too close to travel
This is the gorgeous Celeste who gave birth to the one baby, Camaro, last night

the heavily pregnant and balding sow Vista

another one now named Stanza

and then poor Athena. In dreadful condition and gave birth to the 4 dead babies last night. Her 2 surviving ones are not great :cry:

Her two babies. As you can see one has a weak back end and both are struggling a bit
I have given them names and hope they live long enough to grow to suit them
Alero and Alpine

Last edited:
oh goodness, just seen these threads. what an awful situation :cry: keeping everything crossed for the piggies and so sorry to hear of the losses so far :cry: x

We have more babies :)
Gazelle gave birth to five, all ok this morning

and good news for poorly Chevette who lost her cage mate yesterday and had stopped eating.
We put new mum Athena and her two surviving babies in with her and Chevette started eating again right away. AND they have all settled into a family and lay snuggled together :)

Last edited:
Good grief, I dont think I have seen so many baby GPs in my life. How those sows managed to carry any babies beggars belief given the dire conditions they were living in.

I am very sorry to hear about Verona and the latest Still Births :cry:

I hope Alero and Alpine can survive x

Good grief, I dont think I have seen so many baby GPs in my life. How those sows managed to carry any babies beggars belief given the dire conditions they were living in.
Sadly one of the sows that went to Walsall miscarried, but at least they haven't got boars pestering them as they give birth and will never have to go through another pregnancy.

I am going again tomorrow, fingers crossed, to get a small amount more as Camp Nibble has very kindly agreed to take 3 pigs. We also have a great home with someone we trust for 2 young sows ..so at least 5 more can come out, not many but it helps

Sadly one of the sows that went to Walsall miscarried, but at least they haven't got boars pestering them as they give birth and will never have to go through another pregnancy.

I am going again tomorrow, fingers crossed, to get a small amount more as Camp Nibble has very kindly agreed to take 3 pigs. We also have a great home with someone we trust for 2 young sows ..so at least 5 more can come out, not many but it helps

Good luck for tomorrow .. fingers crossed x

This is what I thought too. It's a miracle any pups have survived to be born considering the poor health and conditions their mums were in.

Popcorn free to those precious souls x

We have more babies :)
Gazelle gave birth to five, all ok this morning

and good news for poorly Chevette who lost her cage mate yesterday and had stopped eating.
We put new mum Athena and her two surviving babies in with her and Chevette started eating again right away. AND they have all settled into a family and lay snuggled together :)

Aww excellent

Back