• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dried forage recommendations

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Hey everyone. I've not been on here in a while.

We've been buying dried forage from Hay Experts for years and we've tried hop to forage. I prefer that their stuff comes in paper bags and it seems fresher.

But before I buy another batch of forage, can anyone recommend any other companies I should try preferably with recyclable packaging?

Thanks from Archie and Pip

Thanks. They look interesting. They don't have any plantain in stock which is a favourite here. Have you tried twigs and nibbles?

Galens garden is a popular choice of many and I use bunny bistro for dried forage and dandelion and find them quite reasonable.

Thanks. They look interesting. They don't have any plantain in stock which is a favourite here. Have you tried twigs and nibbles?
I use twig and nibble, their stuff is good imo

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Just looked at Galens they seem a tad pricey but bunny bistro looks good but they don't have any plantain either

Just wanted to update you all. We tried twigs and nibble the food came in plastic bags. Whoops. Maybe the larger sizes come in paper bags.

They dried forage was good quality. However we bought a ball filled with forage which maybe was a tad to fresh for Archie. He has a sensitive tummy! I stupidly left the ball with them overnight. Totally my fault. He ate the whole damn thing. Which was the size of him! He then had squishy cecos. Which he deposited everywhere and I mean everywhere including somehow on the radiator! I stood in 3 giant piles because I'd come downstairs without my glasses on and couldn't see them! Everywhere I stepped I found more. It was hilarious and gross at the same time! My partner did not help, he just laughed. [emoji1787]

We've just had a huge box from bunny bistro arrive. It looks great and the buns give it their seal of approval. I like that the bags are resealable and we could reuse them.

Back