• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you let your rabbits out into the garden?

do they love it. mine come out every day, i open up the cattery door and out they come. i love watching them run at full pelt and leap in the air it is so funny to watch, i wish i could send a video to all those breeders and show them this is how bunnies should be, running free as often as possible, not stuck in a hutch which is to small for them. mine have now learnt when i want them back in and they go, especially when they know that there are some goodies in there for them. ;) i do have foxes that i feed every night, but i love them also. i also keep chickens. maybe i have been lucky, but in the 8 years i have been living here we have not lost any chickens. i love taking photo's of the foxes when they come up for their food, sometime i get 3 at a time.

Yes, when I had Harry he went in the garden in his run and I let him free range for an hour or two a day as well.

Nowadays I don't think I would have an animal in a run in my area though, there are foxes around all day and badgers at night.

I wish I could The Garden is not rabbit proof at all.

I also don't know them that well and they don't trust me at all.

I felt the same, they will grow to trust you, you will become their lifeline, whether they let you know or not.
And they will, In time :wave:

I have a penned in pair and a free range pair in the garden.

They're out all day from 7am approx to 9.30pm give or take a bit

My two have designated sleeping areas for different times of the day, I usually find them under the trees in the dirt bath around 2/3pm. Dolly in the hay pile by the back gates around 4pm etc

Last edited:
Back