• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could diet affect the colour of the coat?

Rodentranch

Alpha Buck
Kenco is a harlequin - but was mostly dark brown with only one obvious lighter stripe.

It may be my imagination, but I'm sure that he is getting more lighter patches :/ Just now I thought he had something on his head, but it's lighter brown fur - he did have tufts of the lighter colour but they seem to be multiplying and causing an actual 'patch'. More lighter fur seems to be coming out all over his back area as well.

Could this be diet related? A better diet is bringing out his pattern?

Or am I likely to be hallucinating? :p

He's probably just moulting :)
My eli changes between black and brown and with each moult gets more blonde tipped hair.

Diet can affect coat but I think it's more the condition than the actual colour/pattern.

My rabbit Kizzy, is also a harlequin and she's become much lighter one side. I wasn't too sure if it was her moulting or just growing up, but it's certainly much more distinctive later. She now looks like two completely different rabbits depending on which side you see her from. A friend of mine even thought that I'd got her a new playmate when she saw her most recent photos.

Back