• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheap wire mesh panel at Screwfix

tintin

Alpha Buck
Screwfix now do wire panels, such as could be used to make a rabbit run for example. They do mesh on a roll too.

I'm not sure about the quality, but I thought the panels were pretty cheap - the same size panel at Wickes is £4 - though you do have to buy a pack of 10, and postage is £5.

A pack of 10 of the 60cm x 90cm (6mm gaps, I think) is £21.43. So with postage that is £2.60 a panel.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...LQCSTHZOSFFI?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=mesh

The panels are a lot easier to work with. I have used both and found the mesh on a roll a lot trickier. You have to cut it and there are always sharp edges left.

If you go to a timer merchants to buy the wood - not B and Q - it is loads cheaper and you can make a large run fairly cheaply.

Screwfix also have some hinges reduced, so check those out too. Hope this helps someone.

Maybe those people who bought the B and Q playhouse I posted about can build a huge run for the side :)

Sounds good to me! I paid alot more than that for a smaller panel from Homebase when I was making my hamster cage. AND screwfix is just as convienent for me as B&Q/Homebase so thanks for the point out :)

Mesh

I would not generally mess around with these overseas products, especially because for the most part they cost a ton to ship over here and are generally (like most everything else from overseas) are poor products with poor quality.

Anyways, if you are looking for a small amount of this material, just simply go to Home Depot or your local hardware store and they should be able to help you out.

If you are looking for a "roll" which is generally a 100' piece of wire mesh rolled up with widths of 48" or 60", may want to look into either Mcmaster Carr (industrial supply company) or Belleville Wire Cloth ( http://www.bwire.com/ ).

If you buy overseas, you are going to get a poor product....I have been burned before, and it wil not happen again.

I would not generally mess around with these overseas products, especially because for the most part they cost a ton to ship over here and are generally (like most everything else from overseas) are poor products with poor quality.

If you buy overseas, you are going to get a poor product....I have been burned before, and it wil not happen again.

Most of us are from the UK :wave:

Not sure if it applies to all they sell, but when my daughter made her first purchase from Screwfix [it was a bathroom suite tho] they gave her 10% discount for being a new customer :thumb:

Back