• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat litter for bunnies?

Mae

Young Bun
Hi there~

I've read that you should put non-clumping cat litter in the litter box and a layer of hay on the top (asides from the hay rack)

I've found some cat litter in Pets at home, its called 'Sanicat Clean Oxygen Power'

Here's the description

Sanicat is Europe's leading brand of cat litter with over 35 years experience.

Sanicat offers the highest quality natural ingredients that provide the highest levels of hygiene for both you and your cat.

Sanicat Clean Oxygen Power Non Clumping cat litter with active oxygen is the only cat litter with active oxygen technology.

100% natural sepiolite clay, highly absorbant and dust free.

Lightweight and easy to use with gentle clean smell of Marseille soap to mask unwanted odours.

Suitable for all cats and kittens.

Approximate Dimensions (Product): 39 x 26 x 11cm

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/p...oxygen-power-10-litre-non-clumping-cat-litter

Anyway, would this be okay to use for my bunnies?

Any help?

Last edited:
Personally I think the fragrance will be too strong for bunnies but ordinary non-clumping cat litter seems ok. :thumb:

Personally I think the fragrance will be too strong for bunnies but ordinary non-clumping cat litter seems ok. :thumb:

Is that the aloe vera one or the other one? (I changed it because I read that aloe vera could cause vomiting ect) but thank you :)

Rabbits can't actually vomit, but as long as the litter is non clumping and a wood based pellet it's fine. I don't use it anymore, I just use newspaper and hay, but I still use it for my cat (wood based) and we either get it from asda or morrisons.

Clay based cat litter shouldn't be used with rabbits. Non clumping wood or paper cat litter is fine. I find wood pellet litter works well.

That sounds really good value! It is pine scented - is that ok for bunnies?
I've used it and the scent is really subtle, it's more of a feint wood scent than "pine" which I'd associate a strong smell to. My bunnies seem of with it and haven't attempted to eat it either!

Back