• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boyle's indoor pens: thinking of getting one

Toffee_kate

Warren Scout
Hello,

Calling all Boyle's indoor pen owners! I'm thinking of investing in one of their indoor pens as they look just amazing. Can anyone tell me if their rabbits nibble the wood frame to any great extent and how durable the pens are?
Also has anybun managed to jump out?

Any reviews greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Kate x

Last edited:
My two are quite big chewers and they have chewed their pen a tiny bit, but only just on the bottom of the door frame when the door is open so I've been there to tell them off! They haven't bothered chewing the other internal bits though. On the perspex panels the perspex covers the wood inside so if you're really worried about chewing you could pay the extra for all perspex panels.

There's no way my two could jump out, it's a metre high and they're not the best jumpers. I've got a little hut in mine which I leave in the middle just in case they got ideas about using it to jump out!

It's pretty solidly built so I can't imagine it not being durable. It's certainly been a whole lot easier than my previous set up of a puppy pen. I've got a floor on it and covered it in lino so it's easy to clean.

My two don't chew the wood at all but I suspect some buns would. They have never tried to jump out but any hidey houses and boxes go at the back against the side next to the wall just in case. The pen is really sturdy once fully assembled. They come flat packed but we put it together with no problems. I had mine made to measure an odd shaped room corner. It sits on a piece of lino cut about an inch wider on each side. I'd fully recommend one and think they are the best alternative if you can't give your buns a full room 24/7. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply :)
My bun isn't the biggest chewer but once he finds something he likes he will become a bit obsessed! I had thought about paying the extra and getting all perspex. It's good that all the internal bits are covered.

I'm hoping he won't attempt to jump but he can jump onto my side board in one leap - 70cm high (only when I'm not in the room though!) let's hope he can't do another 30 cm.

Cheers
Kate

My two don't chew the wood at all but I suspect some buns would. They have never tried to jump out but any hidey houses and boxes go at the back against the side next to the wall just in case. The pen is really sturdy once fully assembled. They come flat packed but we put it together with no problems. I had mine made to measure an odd shaped room corner. It sits on a piece of lino cut about an inch wider on each side. I'd fully recommend one and think they are the best alternative if you can't give your buns a full room 24/7. Hope this helps.

Mabelsmum do you have any photos of your pen? I love Millies and maddies with the side mesh door but was also wondering what other kind everyone else has? Ie 3 wooden sides and perspex front with front door, etc? I know there are photos on the website but its nice to see what they are like once bunnies are in :)

My two are huge chewers which is why I needed to buy a new run!! Their perspex covers the wood where they're usually biting (for attention, to be out) so they can't actually damage it. Mine seem very very happy in it. It's much more secure and smart looking than their last although they can't see the perspex so I need to get stickers or something put on so they don't try to jump through the panels lol
I'd recommend them 100%

cfc155c97f523fad310cbe11b2198c03.jpg

93850eecbab8e7103da5e17a12ddf907.jpg

Last edited:
Yes poor things have been. One tried to jump through the door panel to get out 😕 they're fine but need to either draw on the panels in marker or get the safety dots to stick on

Thank you for all the replies. I don't think my bun has ever seen Perspex so he might run into it too. He does chew the bars of his current set up when he hears I'm awake in the morning so im glad the wood of the Boyle's runs are covered up inside.

Mabelsmum do you have any photos of your pen? I love Millies and maddies with the side mesh door but was also wondering what other kind everyone else has? Ie 3 wooden sides and perspex front with front door, etc? I know there are photos on the website but its nice to see what they are like once bunnies are in :)

Mine is the one on the website with three wooden sides and two perspex panels on the front. I do have a few other pics so will try and post some later.

It's fab. They've got so much room haven't they?

I'm moving house shortly so will have a much bigger area for him when I'm at work (and room for a wife if he stops being so picky and difficult:D)

It's fab. They've got so much room haven't they?

I'm moving house shortly so will have a much bigger area for him when I'm at work (and room for a wife if he stops being so picky and difficult:D)
I'd recommend going as big as you can. Mine's 2mx1.4m. They get loads of free range time in various rooms in the house too.

Very helpful thank you :) did it take much longer for your pen to be delivered as it was bespoke?

Hi, with the current workload i am trying to do pens around the 8 week mark but it could be longer.
If you do want to order and need it by a certain date, i would recommend ordering early.

Back