• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Birds in the garden :)

Graciee

Staff member
The noisy ones are back [emoji38] I love how they coexist with the pigeons and little birds [emoji7]

Not great pictures sorry, taken through a window very far away, on my phone [emoji38]
cc798b2a40871c8828faa06cf75151b6.jpg
8fc6646e8377aa3705455ab60fce823f.jpg
e7b7a8db1844d9e6776335f2f29ae9c9.jpg
ecdd5907e942c83331169028ef938534.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

They have adapted well,not their fault they were released by humans.I know there are calls for them to be culled as an invasive species in some ares.

They have adapted well,not their fault they were released by humans.I know there are calls for them to be culled as an invasive species in some ares.

Yea they seem to do really well, it's a shame people want them culled, but I do get it if they're wiping out other birds.. Idk if they are tho, other than being loud they let the pigeons and little birds feed at the same time and never cause issues amongst the other birds that I've seen.. There's lots of feeders though so enough for everyone, maybe if I only had one, they'd chase the others away? Idk

'Not great photos'. You're having a giggle aren't you? They're really good.
You have quite the managerie there. I've not seen that many bird feeders since I was at work (we sell them).
They look like either green parrots or parokeets? But they seem to be quite the dominance in the pecking order (no pun intended). So they may keep the smaller birds, wrens, **** and robins away. You could try suet feeders, mealworms and suet pellets for the smaller birds. Robins will happily feed off the ground. Coconut feeders might be helpful for the small birds as well.
That said, it's a wonderful variety and the birds certainly know where the best tucker is.

Yes, we have to cover up the chickens' dustbathing area every night as next door's cat thinks it's an area made soft just for cats. Is it on your bark?

yes. I found 6-7 piles a couple of months ago. There was a gap by the trellis so filled with chicken wire. There is still very easy & open access via other neighbour though. So we had a good reprieve but now its back. From the amount (just one pile) I reckon its been saving up.

'Not great photos'. You're having a giggle aren't you? They're really good.
You have quite the managerie there. I've not seen that many bird feeders since I was at work (we sell them).
They look like either green parrots or parokeets? But they seem to be quite the dominance in the pecking order (no pun intended). So they may keep the smaller birds, wrens, **** and robins away. You could try suet feeders, mealworms and suet pellets for the smaller birds. Robins will happily feed off the ground. Coconut feeders might be helpful for the small birds as well.
That said, it's a wonderful variety and the birds certainly know where the best tucker is.

Well they are taken on a phone very far away, super zoomed in, through glass too, not exactly the recipe for a great picture [emoji38]

Think they're parakeets, we have lots in London /greater London they escaped from a zoo or someone released them (a long long time ago) and they've multiplied since [emoji38]

Yesss I do have quite a lot of bird feeders... [emoji38] I just want to make sure there's enough for everyone and the birds really seem to love it, so yea, I know it looks a bit mad [emoji38]

Tell you what no one messes with our Robin, he is a force to be reckoned with [emoji38] they do all seem to be okay if you zoom in there's loads of little birds on one of the feeders when the parakeets are also there :)

There's a mix of feeds up there I buy them in the huge 12kg sacks from vet UK, I do also do fat nuggets but stop when it's nearing baby bird time because I read its bad for the babies.

Haven't seen coconut feeders, I'll have to Google them :D

Pretty birdies! I spy a wood pigeon too (my favourite bird).
Yes we have lots of them, they're heavy birds, I have to put some feeders near sturdy branches for them [emoji38][emoji38]

Back