• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BBC Sort your house out, bunnies kicked outside to smaller hutch, let's complain

If I had a conservatory I would love to have my rabbits in there, I'd probably sleep in there with them lol.. Some people are very lucky. More and more each day as we move more into the society of capitalism, people are getting cold hearted where pets are viewed as objects or in convenience or a fashion item. What are they going to use the conservatory for now I wonder........ for sipping on some champagne talking about there fake lives??? Rabbits are too over looked and I think more needs to be done. .

I read about this earlier, so sad. What may once have been "acceptable" when rabbits were bred for meat is no life for a pet, especially if they had space beforehand! You wouldn't keep a dog or cat like that...

Would you do this to a cat? People will say no but its perfectly fine for a rabbit to be kicked out of the house and shoved in a hutch. That right there is the problem...

I just read something that the PDSA said that got to me a bit... Dogs and cats are more important than rabbits... again rabbits not even given the attention they deserve. Thjs is what the PDSA say... we've had to close some of our services so that vets can treat more important cases cats and dogs. Why aren't rabbits considered important?

This is a big problem. Rabbits will never get the same attention as a dog or a cat.

I think we're making huge steps forwards from how it used to be... So who knows what the situation will be in the future...

I think we're making huge steps forwards from how it used to be... So who knows what the situation will be in the future...

In a kinda way... I wouldn't say huge steps but certainly some progress has been made due to the internet but sadly so many people still keep there rabbits in tiny hutches. I've always free roamed rabbits from day one way before the internet became a common thing. All animals no matter how small they are still need a good amount of space. .

I think more could be done like for example if I visit a vet or vet website it will display cats and dogs every where but no rabbits. There aren't any rabbit TV commercials either. Maybe a petition can be done so that rabbits be apart of the cat and dog pet category?

I think more could be done like for example if I visit a vet or vet website it will display cats and dogs every where but no rabbits. There aren't any rabbit TV commercials either. Maybe a petition can be done so that rabbits be apart of the cat and dog pet category?
My vet has a small animal seating area and all rabbit posters and info up and treats! It depends on your vet.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

This news really angry me...... Has the result changed, is there any information?

From speaking with non rabbit owners looking for pets, there is a lot of ignorance around rabbits... things I hear the most are... "when I think of a rabbit I think of a hamster" or do rabbits live for long": then they talk about cages or hutches.

When I tell people rabbits live for a long time and in some cases can out live cats they look at me in surprise.

I tell them rabbits are not like hamsters and grow much bigger and can be free roamed around the home but I get a blank stare. Rabbits are so easy to litter train. All rabbits are different, some can be destructive others can be the complete opposite, They say "I'm gonna get a cat" and don't give a rabbit a second thought.

It is a common misconception that people think rabbits belong in hutches outside or in tiny hamster cages inside.

Back