• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At our wits end!!

lja401

Warren Scout
Please help.

We have a lovely house bunny Noel. He is 8 months old and he is a dwarf lop. We have had him for 9 weeks. He is a real character - always active, never sits down. He always runs around and never sits still.

He has always chewed the odd thing but since Monday he has been chewing EVERYTHING non-stop. He has plenty of toys and even does it when we're sat with him. We do not know what to do. He is wrecking our house. He chews carpet, the sofa, the dining furniture. I just don't know what to do.

He used to be great when we were watching tv, he'd jump on sofa with us and scramble across us and he'd binky and run like mad across the floor.Now he chews and digs all the time!!! He still binkys :)

When he does it we have tried clapping our hands, shouting no, picking him up and removing him from the place but nothing works.

He was neutered 5 weeks ago. It has made no difference. The last few days he has got worse.

Any ideas? x

Last edited:
she sounds like a happy normal healthy bun. Have you ever seen how mad and destructive a kitten can be(cat),! I would enjoy her while she was young and fun and enjoying life.

It may be due to boredom or loneliness. I'd seriously consider getting him a spayed female as a companion. You'll have to go through the arduous bonding process (buns never just become friends instantly, and usually fight at first) but theres plenty of people on here who have done it successfully and can talk you through it (me included!) I think you'd have a MUCH happier and less destructive bun if he had a companion to play with. Happy bunny and happy you!

Back