• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple sticks, west Essex

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Morning all! Dad's trimming his massive Bramley today so if anyone wants apple sticks (fresh, to dry, whatever) there should be some available (PM me for address?). It's got some wooly aphis/aphids but it generally looked OK when I checked the long bits the other day :) Plus it's not been treated with anything AFAIK, Dad won't treat it until he's trimmed it (and then only with dilute washing up liquid). We'll bag, bale, box etc. what we can and what I can fit in the car (imagines car full of apple sticks). They're very leafy too, but can't guarantee that will last long post-cutting.

I'll be taking some, and if anyone on the way from here to Nottm wants any shout me: I'm going M25-M1-A453 (via Silverstone so A5 at Milton Keynes) tomorrow. Or anyone IN south Notts/southeast Derbys I can deliver Monday/Tuesday :)

Back