• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adding a third bunny to an established bonded pair (ANOTHER UPDATE-29/10/15)

Beautiful! Tell us all about it then

Picked up Henryk (the white mini lop) from my mum, popped home to collect Greyie and Pete....went on a long drive with them in the back of the car. Came home, put all three into the hutch with lots of nibbles and toys...and seriously...that's been it! No humping, no chasing, nothing. They have been in the hutch now since 1pm, and they are literally just carrying on like normal, completely not bothered with each other! Seems like the personalities involved just worked!

Picked up Henryk (the white mini lop) from my mum, popped home to collect Greyie and Pete....went on a long drive with them in the back of the car. Came home, put all three into the hutch with lots of nibbles and toys...and seriously...that's been it! No humping, no chasing, nothing. They have been in the hutch now since 1pm, and they are literally just carrying on like normal, completely not bothered with each other! Seems like the personalities involved just worked!

That's awesome. Any cuddling or grooming ?

Ok..ok... maybe I was happy too soon. Today has been a day of chasing, fur pulling and circling. Mainly Pete being the instigator...against Henryk. Pete doesn't seem happy with Henrky at all. Poor Henryk is just stunned at why Pete has a sudden dislike of him! Greyie is staying well out of it.
I'm leaving them together for the time being, despite all the tuff of fur and circling/chasing. Keeping a VERY close eye on the goings on. I think it's a fight for top dog at the moment between the boys, and neither are backing down at the mo! :eek:

It could be a new environment causing the need to reassert dominance. Frosty likes to reassert dominance whenever i feed the quad ... imdid notice that during bonding he would often chase his brother, Snowflake until S let him be da boss.

Hope it all settles back down to being three peaceful bunnies.

Back